is it true that North India is notorious for its treatment of defiant couples

Watch
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
by this I mean, those who defy the caste/race/religion system-e.g. Hindu woman Christian man.

The subject is quite important to me for personal reasons. By the sounds of it, it is not unheard of for 'honour killings' to take place over the issue here…

Less extreme but still morally spurious, forced marriage, emancipating family members, and (separate equally extreme issue) rape.

Is this just North India or all of India, is North India where it is most concentrated?

move to a new sub-forum if I'm posting in the wrong place haha
Anonymous785
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
by this I mean, those who defy the caste/race/religion system-e.g. Hindu woman Christian man.

The subject is quite important to me for personal reasons. By the sounds of it, it is not unheard of for 'honour killings' to take place over the issue here…

Less extreme but still morally spurious, forced marriage, emancipating family members, and (separate equally extreme issue) rape.

Is this just North India or all of India, is North India where it is most concentrated?

move to a new sub-forum if I'm posting in the wrong place haha
Yes it's a north problem where attitudes regarding everything are pretty much medieval. There are many problems generally with north Indian men. For starters, they now far outnumber Indian women thanks to years of despicable sex-selective abortions that families (mothers and mothers-in-law included) pressure pregnant women into having since, apparently, there is NOTHING on earth that could possibly be worse in Indian society than for a woman to give birth to a girl. The logic of this type of thinking--you got me.So there's a huge surplus of men (tens of millions of them, literally).

Yes it's a north problem where attitudes regarding everything are pretty much medieval. There are many problems generally with north Indian men. For starters, they now far outnumber Indian women thanks to years of despicable sex-selective abortions that families (mothers and mothers-in-law included) pressure pregnant women into having since, apparently, there is NOTHING on earth that could possibly be worse in Indian society than for a woman to give birth to a girl. The logic of this type of thinking--you got me.So there's a huge surplus of men (tens of millions of them, literally).

Northern Indians and Pakistanis are culturally one race.The North are misogynist and have a rape culture compare to the south. They also have more illiterates and religious extremists (which is why you have so many rapes in Northern India).Pakistan and North India,in particular,has for generations now has subjected its women to an existence of second class citizen. Be it domestic violence,female infanticide,acid attacks,molestation,sexual abuse.The litany just goes on

Men in the north have less respect for women(not all, but a large section of the population). Illiteracy rates are pretty high/Education pretty low in north India when compared to south. Not saying that all rapes are committed by illiterate men but it plays a major role.The truth is, most come from very uneducated families, some of whom dont even speak english. Maybe that is what contributes to their ignorance, superiority complex and their bullying attitude. The men especially are raised like kings and women like slaves unlike here in south where both are raised equally and aborting female babies is almost unheard of.

Some north indians are a disgrace to every indians. This makes me wish for a seperate south india just so that we'd be spared from all the activities these guys do ( like raping tourists, killing female babies and all that).
Now that im in europe, everyone asks me why India is so sexist. My peers here never believed that women could study/ work and have equal rights in the south till economist did an article on it.

Northies are suffering from poverty and unemployment and thats the reason they are pouring from North Indian to our South India for food and make a living. These people flood other cities/small towns in millions on daily basis... the worst people (partocilary the ones from Bihar/Punajab and Uttar ) the 3 worst states in India..Hate Nothe indians .. they migrate a lot to neighboring states and don't respect local language at all .. and yes from recent event all are bloody gang rapists
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads