Turn on thread page Beta

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaFern)
    Bristol, but I'm also applying to art schools for a foundation year (you do like a year of art at somewhere like central st martins) so if I got into one of the world class one I might do like a gap year of art and reapply everywhere? But I love Bristol so much... To be honest everywhere I applied I really would be so thrilled to go
    Aw I do like Bristol but to be honest I don't think I'd go there or Aberdeen as I don't really REALLY want to go there and I figure if you're spending all that money..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Clare yet? I know its silly but I keep checking my email! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I think I jinxed it, because I just got an email inviting me to interview!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue2337)
    Oh my god I think I jinxed it, because I just got an email inviting me to interview!!!!!!!
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theravadaz)
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! What course?
    Linguistics! There was no pre-interview assessment though which is probably why I heard so early!

ReputationRep:
    Been checking my email all day, I don't think there's much chance of emails for other subjects being sent off later today

ReputationRep:
    YAY CONGRATS haha I'm really happy for you! Even though there's a small part of me like..damn.. I guess us AA subjects might just have to wait .

Seriously though, well done. When's it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VL100)
    YAY CONGRATS haha I'm really happy for you! Even though there's a small part of me like..damn.. I guess us AA subjects might just have to wait .

Seriously though, well done. When's it for?
    Hahaha I know exactly what you mean - you're happy for people getting offers but internally it's like why isn't this me right now *anxiously refreshes email*

But thank you! It's for 5th December... the nerves are beginning to creep in!

I really really hope you hear back soon, I have no doubt you will!!!! The AAs sound like a nightmare though because, not only does your interview invite take longer, but there's the added stress of an extra exam! At least by the end of it all you know you definitely want to be at Cambridge, right?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha I know exactly what you mean - you're happy for people getting offers but internally it's like why isn't this me right now *anxiously refreshes email*

But thank you! It's for 5th December... the nerves are beginning to creep in!

I really really hope you hear back soon, I have no doubt you will!!!! The AAs sound like a nightmare though because, not only does your interview invite take longer, but there's the added stress of an extra exam! At least by the end of it all you know you definitely want to be at Cambridge, right?

Haha that's exactly me- except I know why it isn't me, my application is awful . Yeah I guess so- but its also like if you don't even get an interview you went through all the extra stuff for nothing which is frustrating.. I'm not going to hear back tonight now at least (unless the poor admissions tutors are pulling all-nighters) so I can recommence my constant checking tomorrow.

I don't know if its just me but it seems like I've had about five times the usual amount of emails today. I'm sure someone's taunting me

Aw, everyone gets nervous I think but just imagine it as a chance to shine and have a great experience with someone at the top of their field in a subject you love.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet about interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    I've applied for MML, French and ab initio Italian
    I got 12A*s at GCSE and AB at AS (classical civ = A, French = B. I know, it's killing me, I was two marks off an A )
    I'm predicted 3 A*s at A Levels though with how this term is going that's looking less and less likely lol :dance:

I was attracted to Clare because (obviously) it's so beautiful, the people there seemed actually really normal (mostly) and the location is absolutely perfect! It's not a tiny college either, which I didn't really fancy. I'm one of four people to apply to Clare from my school, another of whom is already on this thread (*winks at the theology nerd in the corner*) I've not yet heard from Clare re. interviews and each email I get that is not from Cambridge is slowly sucking the life out of me, as I'm sure you'll all appreciate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KezM)
    Anyone heard anything yet about interviews?
    Yep, I got an interview! (but there are a few others who applied and haven't heard anything yet so don't worry)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a maths interview? The waiting is killing me...

ReputationRep:
    Or an English interview? I'm so nervous haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I've applied for the MML course, German and Italian ab initio! I got 9 A*s and 2 As and GCSE and 3 As at AS. I have been predicted A*A*AA at A level.

I was attracted to Clare because it has such a nice atmosphere and I went there not even to look at the university as something i could apply to. I was really struggling to decide whether or not to go to university and as soon as I went there I knew that I had to apply there! I absolutely love German and i think it'd be such an amazing place to study!

Best of luck to everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! So glad I found this thread!
    I'm applying to Clare for History...
    (GCSEs 5 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs, 1 C - not great but got A*s in the relevant subjects)
    AS: AAAA
    Predicted: A*A*A

I've been checking my emails so much haha, has anyone heard anything? I know that Cambridge have started offering interviews but haven't heard anything about Clare specifically...Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

I'm applying to Clare for Medicine (dear Lord the competition )
    GCSEs: 11A*s, AS: 4As, Predicted: A*A*A*A

I chose Clare because it's:
    - gorgeous (obvs)
    - got a really nice atmosphere
    - music seems quite strong
    - really cool selection of societies- personal favourites being S.O.C.K. (Society of Clare Knitters- I KNOW :cool:) and bloc soc (that's lego btw)
    - comments about the college from students seem really positive, students themselves seem really down to earth

Generally found Cambridge to be more chilled and less arrogant than Oxford, as well as less built up and more quirky. Desperate to go there, but don't want to get my hopes too high just yet- Cambridge med is so so so competitive!

anyway, good luck to all you guys! Hopefully we hear back soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivyn)
    Hi! So glad I found this thread!
    I'm applying to Clare for History...
    (GCSEs 5 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs, 1 C - not great but got A*s in the relevant subjects)
    AS: AAAA
    Predicted: A*A*A

I've been checking my emails so much haha, has anyone heard anything? I know that Cambridge have started offering interviews but haven't heard anything about Clare specifically...Anyone else?
    I got an invitation from Clare for Philosophy on Tuesday If u go on the Cambridge applicants thread, there's a list of all the people on TSR who have been rejected/invited to interview on the front page (it's a google doc). The only courses they seem to have given interviews for are Maths, Linguistics and Philosophy so I wouldn't worry too much... good luck though!!

ReputationRep:
    I got an invitation from Clare for Philosophy on Tuesday If u go on the Cambridge applicants thread, there's a list of all the people on TSR who have been rejected/invited to interview on the front page (it's a google doc). The only courses they seem to have given interviews for are Maths, Linguistics and Philosophy so I wouldn't worry too much... good luck though!!
    Congrats! Good luck for your interview too
    Thanks, I'll have a look, but thats reassuring!

ReputationRep:
    Huge congrats for getting an interview!!!! When is it?

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.