The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
wooops, thanks for the correction:biggrin:
Reply 3
How long has it been since you sent your application Jay david?
Reply 4
i have a similar problem to JayDavid, apart from I live in the Channel Islands, so we're not in the UK, but we are british, and we are considered to be international. We have no idea how long the ucas letters are meant to take to arrive...any ideas?? any help would be appreciated!
Reply 5
Well, it should take about three days, I would say. I sent my application off on a friday, and my letter came through on a monday. If it doesn't come within a week, my advice is to phone up UCAS and get them to sort it out :biggrin:.

As for finding a referee - find a teacher with whom you get on well, and who is vaguley related to the subject you plan on doing. Like, my referee was my chemistry teacher (for medicine). Be polite, and you should be fine! Keep in mind, though, that different schools follow different policies, so make sure you're clear on how your school operates in terms of referees. E.g. some schools designate your referees, but in others you can choose you want (like mine).

Lastly, when it comes to putting your reference on the UCAS form - if you're applying through your school, your teacher will have access to your form, and he/she can stick the reference on it when they're done. If you're applying individually, then just log in somewhere where your referee can paste his reference in the right box (there's a section called "Reference") and save it. Simple!

Good luck!
Reply 6
Ermm mine only got sent off on sunday, so not worryin atm haha!! hope it comes by wednesday/thursday, that would be great:biggrin:
Reply 7
you'll have to wait at least 4-5 working days then i'd imagine. I sent mine on thrus! I hope it comes soon.
To anyone who knows, if I sent it on thrusday dya reckon the unis have it now even though I haven't received my welcome letter yet?
Reply 8
Jay_david
Ermm mine only got sent off on sunday, so not worryin atm haha!! hope it comes by wednesday/thursday, that would be great:biggrin:

It *should* come in tomorrow, then, or Wednesday. :biggrin:
Reply 9
if I sent it on thrusday dya reckon the unis have it now even though I haven't received my welcome letter yet?

UCAS told me it takes them approximately 48 hours to process each application, so your unis should definitely have your application now.
Reply 10
O right, lol so how comes I haven't got any emails from unis saying that we have received your application? If it takes 48 hours what takes so long sending it lol?
Reply 11
Postal stuff, I guess. Plus they probably have to send off loads of letters, which means clearing the backlog of letters must take a couple of days. Add it all together and you get around 4 or 5 days.
Reply 12
I sent my application on the 9th October and none of my universities sent an email to confirm they'd received my application. I've heard that most don't, although apparantly Leeds do, which is worrying considering I applied to them but oh well.
I have no idea what takes so long sending it but it gets there in the end.
Reply 13
I see. Thanks, but don't unis send you an email saying that they have received your application or maybe not?
Also, yeh bringing up the point Rogue275 mentioned unis I have applied to have be known to send confirmation emails?
^^Manchester sent me an email today. My application was sent to UCAS on friday.
Reply 15
Lucky! maybe the unis I have picked don't send confirmation letter lol
My UCAS letter came within 3 working days of submitting it, followed by letters from Nottingham and Cambridge, and a Bristol email. Because I was an early applicant though, things might be a bit slower from now on because of the volume of applications UCAS have to process. 1 week-2 weeks seems fair to me.
Reply 17
my ucas was processed on the 9th and my leter came on the 13th.

only one of my unis confirmed that they have recieved my application. And i have recieved two offers so i know my unis got my app then even if they didnt confirm it lol.

ucas say they send them to the unis with in 48hrs of processing it. But talking the Law Admissions tutor at kent (and numerous other admis tutors at various unis for various subjects yesterday- lol its complicated see the "2007 offer dicussion thread about 5pages back for more info)

It seems that yes the unis get them quickly, but in some unis it goes thru an extended process of having to be checked by central office, then sent up to the department (in batches) then it reaches the relevant tutor for that subject and in some unis each app is looked at by at least three members of staff.

So as was explained to me yesterday it can take up to 2weeks form the uni receiving you app before its been thru the whole first process before they can even think about giving you an offer so don't all be expecting offers too too quickly.
Reply 18
Another morning and I still haven't received my welcome letter! I sent my application Wednesday morning! Other people who only sent it on Friday have received it. This is annoying, I'm too impatient.
Reply 19
I sent mine off last Thrusday morning, and I'm yet to receive mine either! lol. There must be some form of hold up at the ucas processing office. I think we should get them by the end of the week because that will be absurd otherwise.

Latest

Trending

Trending