Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Well before my family and I left England, My dad was told that his employment contract will be permanent. When we left and moved to Dubai, he was told that he'll sign his contract EVERY year so it will be renewed .
    This is our 7th year here (in Dubai) and I'm planning to move back for uni (I'm 17) but I'm not sure whether I'm considered as a home rate student. The uni that I'm planning to go hopefully wrote on the'r website the rules for 'home' fee status and It said,: There are special rules if you normally live in the UK but you have been living somewhere else temporarily e.g. because of your parent's temporary employment overseas.
    Is this implied to me. I'm mean even though my dad's working permanently BUT he HAS to renew his contract at the end of every year, which is actually considered to be "temporary" I guess. Am I right? I've lived in England for 10 years and plus I was in London and I'm British citizen.

University open days

  • University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.