Studying Marine Biology in University of Glasgow vs. Other Scottish Universities

Watch
majatheaztec
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, this is my first post! I am certain about wanting to study Marine Biology, and due to the fee advantage as an EU national, I have applied to several universities in Scotland.

I have applied to the following universities:

-University of Glasgow
-St. Andrews
-University of Stirling
-Edinburgh Napier University
-The University of Aberdeen

So far I have received an unconditional offer from the University of Glasgow. Due to the program, being part of the Russell Group, ranking for biosciences, and employment rate the Freshwater and Marine Biology Bsc Program at University of Glasgow was my first choice.

However, I would love to hear second opinions!

Other info:
-I am interested in research
-An international environment is important to me as I will be an international student, and grew up in a multicultural environment
-Don't exactly care too much about partying
Ekrubkkk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you think of the University of Stirling for Marine bio? I am considering a transfer from St. Andrews and have an unconditional from Glasgow at the moment and am waiting on Stirling. I've heard it has the largest aquaculture programme in Europe but I don't know much about it besides that. What made you want to apply?

Also, St. Andrews has a great marine biology programme, I'm in my second year there. The professors are all really passionate and really do a lot to make sure you learn a lot and are employable. I am considering transferring for social reasons, not academic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (67)
14.69%
I'm not sure (16)
3.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (154)
33.77%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.75%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.27%

Watched Threads