Do I need help? or do I need to pull myself together? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have trouble sleeping- when I go to bed I kind of lay there for an hour or two dozing and waking up before I actually fall asleep. And when I do fall asleep, I can't wake up until midday.

I constantly feel like absolute ****- I feel dumb, fat, unbelievably tired. Even brushing my teeth feels like a chore. I have no motivation for anything.

I've been home for the past two weeks for the christmas holidays and my mother's pissed off at me because every time she's asked me to meet her for a coffee in the mornings I've just slept right through it. And that makes me feel even more ****.
I have crazy mood swings as well. About half an hour ago I asked my mum to come out for lunch with me and we had a little argument (nothing too bad, we've had way worse in the past) but for the past hour I've literally been crying on and off. For a fleeting, crazy moment I told myself that I might as well kill myself because nobody would notice or care anyway. It was only for a short moment though. I felt like I was going crazy over something trivial.

This has been going on since around October. It did happen quite badly like this in 2012-2013 when I was doing my A-Levels and I basically failed them all. So I resat the year, but in that year I managed to get super organised and I did well in my A-Levels and got into uni.

But since starting uni... it's happened again. I don't know whether it's because I'm just a lazy **** that needs to get herself organised or whether I actually need help. I haven't told anyone about this. When it happened in 2012-2013 and I failed (which was a massive shock to my family as I'm normally an overachiever), I tried explaining how I felt to my parents and at first neither of them could comprehend it, and then they called me a "liar that was making excuses for her shortcomings". So if I explain to them how I'm feeling now they won't believe me. I have nobody to talk to about this.

I just don't know what to do. I need advice please.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone?
Suzanne123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Visit your GP and explain all of this to them. They will beable to help find the best approach for you. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
27.2%
No (91)
72.8%

Watched Threads