The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have to say most of the people here really are very intellectual, what a great place to be!

I know only one person who would probably get 12 A*'s maybe i'll invite her to this forum..
When I was at school, I always found TSR a bit of an alien world because of the amazing grades so many people got, but I assumed that was just because of the school I went to, where most people got pretty poor results. However, even now I'm at a top 20 uni, it's still the same. I haven't met a single person with the type of results that many on here seem to have, and most people have my sort of grades or lower. So there you have it; TSR is definitely not like the real world unless you happen to go to a top private or grammar school or Oxbridge, Durham etc.
Reply 42
magicbuspass
I have to say most of the people here really are very intellectual, what a great place to be!

They are but blind mouths! That scarce themselves know how to hold a sheep-hook.
Reply 43
Lusus Naturae
They are but blind mouths! That scarce themselves know how to hold a sheep-hook.

Yes, erm I agree.

:ninja:
My gcse results compared to most people on here are average but the great thing about being on TSR is it actually encourages me to work harder, which is an attitude I'll need doing my A2s and all. I reckon if i'd been here before I'd done my gcses i'd have plenty of A*s to brag about too lol (but i'm not the kind to advertise anyway) :p:
calcium878
Although I'm sure some people will make up results, why they'd want to do so to attempt to impress strangers escapes me :p:

:ditto:
Reply 46
Profesh

You say that with such conviction, it almost pains me to disabuse you. Ironically, I would contend that it is precisely those who wish to make themselves 'feel better' that are most inclined to fabricate such notions as you espouse.

Hmm... is it just me who thought this might not have been completely serious? Or maybe I'm just not of a high enough mental calibre to understand.
BeesKnees
My gcse results compared to most people on here are average but the great thing about being on TSR is it actually encourages me to work harder, which is an attitude I'll need doing my A2s and all. I reckon if i'd been here before I'd done my gcses i'd have plenty of A*s to brag about too lol (but i'm not the kind to advertise anyway) :p:

I totally agree with what you said. Even though I joined a lot earlier on, I never really visited the academic forums and never came on TSR very often untill exam season. People here have motivated me to revise and work harder and some of them still help me ( you know yourselves:wink: ) It had definitely helped me look at things in a very different way and gave me the determination to study and care about my school work.:smile:
celeritas
You will become smart if you dwell here longer in TSR. You always learn something new here!

:ditto:
Don't worry about it!!

I got straight 8 A* and 2 As in my Gcses but people on here were getting 12/13/14 all a* grades!!

I felt inferior believe me! But this has no reflection on your results! I had a brief look through yours - and you should definitely be heading to a Top 20 university at least!

Latest

Trending

Trending