The Student Room Group

Can I drop higher French?!

Can I drop a subject when my ucas application has been sent away? I want to drop higher French because the work load is too much on top of my three other subjects and having a job. However, on my application it says I'm doing higher French. I've not received any offers or rejections yet. Is it too risky to drop it? I'm applying for history and archaeology so it seems unlikely I would receive and offer based on my higher French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rsh18
Can I drop a subject when my ucas application has been sent away? I want to drop higher French because the work load is too much on top of my three other subjects and having a job. However, on my application it says I'm doing higher French. I've not received any offers or rejections yet. Is it too risky to drop it? I'm applying for history and archaeology so it seems unlikely I would receive and offer based on my higher French.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first step would be to approach the universities you've applied to and ask them if it would affect your chances of getting an offer if you dropped higher French. Some may not give you a clear answer, but it may help you decide on the risk of dropping it.

If you decide to drop it, you need to inform UCAS, and all the universities you've applied to. Universities can withdraw an offer that they have given if you do this, but it seems unlikely that they would. If you don't inform them, when they find out, your application would be considered fraudulent and it is much more likely your offer would be withdrawn (probably on results day).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending