Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    ew emma
    Such comments can carry a 15-point warning in the thread, Robert :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Such comments can carry a 15-point warning in the thread, Robert :eek:
    Does this forum come under your's or Athena's control... or both?

Plus, emma suck yeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Does this forum come under your's or Athena's control... or both?

Plus, emma suck yeh
    Both ;yes;

And

ReputationRep:
    Both ;yes;

And
    Daaaamn

And you can still change your college choice

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, no point seeing as I won't get in anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, no point seeing as I won't get in anyway :p:
    Emma's crap, course you'll get in :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Emma's crap, course you'll get in :p:
    Downing let you in, what more can I say? :rolleyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :cool::hugs:

ReputationRep:
    can any mathmos tell me what its like to study at emma?
    im having a problem chosing between queens, downing and emmanuel
    any advice would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Downing let you in, what more can I say? :rolleyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :cool::hugs:
    Yeh

:p:

ReputationRep:
    heeeey
    im thinking of applying to emmanuel to study philosophy.
    just wondered if emmanuel had any particular political affiliations (ie iv heard kings is very left wing, trinity right wing etc)?
    also with emma coming top of the tomkins table again, do you reckon it will be much harder to get in?
    thanks v much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james170)
    heeeey
    im thinking of applying to emmanuel to study philosophy.
    just wondered if emmanuel had any particular political affiliations (ie iv heard kings is very left wing, trinity right wing etc)?
    also with emma coming top of the tomkins table again, do you reckon it will be much harder to get in?
    thanks v much
    no political affiliations as I am aware of! A good mix of all sorts in general.

As for being more competitive due to the tompkins table....well you can look at it on the flip side and say that lots of people will be put off by that and apply elsewhere, so the competition may not exist in that sense. I would say don't let that factor put you off applying!

ReputationRep:
    When I applied for accomodation, I chose south court and the room of grade (5-6), because based on people's advice here there are no 5 grade rooms in south court, and by choosing 5-6, I will get a room grade 4.
    But I ended up getting a grade 5 room.
    eeek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma3eeni)
    When I applied for accomodation, I chose south court and the room of grade (5-6), because based on people's advice here there are no 5 grade rooms in south court, and by choosing 5-6, I will get a room grade 4.
    But I ended up getting a grade 5 room.
    eeek
    who gave you that advice? I hope it wasn't me (can't imagine saying that).

And yes, I think there are a couple of grade 5 rooms in south court anyway, due to the shape of building leading to a couple of different shaped rooms. If that isn't the case then perhaps they regraded some of the rooms?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you'll get a room with a crazy corridor.

It's crazy!

ReputationRep:
    whats Emma's reputation?

political, social, cultural ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_girl_5)
    whats Emma's reputation?

political, social, cultural ect
    political: no reputation that I know of

social: Considered to be the "friendly college", along with Clare college. Has one of the cheapest bars, if not the cheapest, in Cambridge. 6 formal halls a week as well.

cultural: do colleges have a culture?

work ethos: Full spectrum of students here - although we've come top of the Tompkins table 3 out of the past 4 years now I think, so we must be pretty good when it comes to the exams!

ReputationRep:
    What's the different grades you're talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    What's the different grades you're talking about?
    the rooms are graded according to "how good the college considers them to be". Usually this is determined by size and location, and whether it has a sink in it or not. Grade 1 are the worst rooms, and are essentially just boxes a little longer and wider than the length of a bed. Grade 8 rooms are usually modern rooms with their own private ensuite bathroom with toilet, and small kitchenette, and seperate living room and bedroom. The grade of the room determines the rent! Grade 1 rooms are about £560 a term, and Grade 8 rooms are about £830 a term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    the rooms are graded according to "how good the college considers them to be". Usually this is determined by size and location, and whether it has a sink in it or not. Grade 1 are the worst rooms, and are essentially just boxes a little longer and wider than the length of a bed. Grade 8 rooms are usually modern rooms with their own private ensuite bathroom with toilet, and small kitchenette, and seperate living room and bedroom. The grade of the room determines the rent! Grade 1 rooms are about £560 a term, and Grade 8 rooms are about £830 a term.
    Oh, thank you for that! Is it only Grade 8 that has own bathrooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    Oh, thank you for that! Is it only Grade 8 that has own bathrooms?
    as far as I know, yes - it's the rooms that exist in new court, generally only 3rd years at the top of the room ballot will get them (although there's some other special student positions which get them as well I think).

sharing a bathroom isn't really an issue anyway - they tend to be more like washrooms containing a handful of cupboards that contain an individual shower each, so there's plenty of privacy. Baths can be found around and about, but they tend to be a little grimy!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.