The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Willa

Old court's where it's at though anyway!

But there's no plumbing! (awesomely rooms though)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 301
Louise_1988
But there's no plumbing! (awesomely rooms though)

there's a sink, which for a guy, who's very drunk, might resemble a urinal of some sorts.......

I've yet to do it myself though.
Don't let the thread die - Peterhouse has roughly a billion posts!
Luckily I managed to stop them getting any more :biggrin:
On topic: someone want to make a list of this year's Emma applicants? :smile:
here you go... I took the info from the spreadsheet I made based on the info in the applicant thread.
Reply 306
Nice spreadsheet :smile: I ended up applying to Emma btw :p:
Only three potential mathmos? That's disappointing. I'll probably apply to be their subject parent next year, and I wanted to get to know them before I subject them to a contrived initation next michaelmas...
Make it 2, I don't rate my chances too highly :p:
Why not? You seem to be pretty good, better than I was anyway. Have more confidence, you'll find out soon enough that it's definitely the minority who would fall into the genius category.
ad absurdum
Why not? You seem to be pretty good, better than I was anyway. Have more confidence, you'll find out soon enough that it's definitely the minority who would fall into the genius category.

They have 5 days for Maths interviews this year. Sooo many very good applicants I bet. :frown:
calcium878
They have 5 days for Maths interviews this year.

If you don't mind me asking: where did you find this out? I've searched for interview timetables all over and haven't found anything :frown:

PS. There may be many applicants, but only the creme de la creme are on TSR :smile:
Reply 312
squeezebox
If you don't mind me asking: where did you find this out? I've searched for interview timetables all over and haven't found anything :frown:

Interview timetables are given with the acknowledgement letter. So you should be getting one soon :smile:
squeezebox

PS. There may be many applicants, but only the creme de la creme are on TSR :smile:

Yep, as Mary Moo said :smile:
ad absurdum
Only three potential mathmos? That's disappointing. I'll probably apply to be their subject parent next year, and I wanted to get to know them before I subject them to a contrived initation next michaelmas...

Are we supposed to have two subject parents in maths, or am I going to have to fight you for the position? (And no, before you ask, I won't accept deciding it by a drinking contest :p:). I think we were supposed to have two this year but one did bugger all, right?

Anyhow, contrived initiations will certainly feature. Be afraid. Very afraid.
Chumbaniya
Are we supposed to have two subject parents in maths, or am I going to have to fight you for the position? (And no, before you ask, I won't accept deciding it by a drinking contest :p:). I think we were supposed to have two this year but one did bugger all, right?

Anyhow, contrived initiations will certainly feature. Be afraid. Very afraid.
Yeah, there should have been two so we could probably both be parents next year.

If any mathmos are wondering why their subject parents would both be male, that's because there are literally no female mathmos in any year at Emmanuel.
Thanks guys :smile: - When should i start panicking about not having recieved any infomation?
Reply 317
squeezebox
Thanks guys :smile: - When should i start panicking about not having recieved any infomation?

2nd Nov, hope you hear something soon :smile:

"Applicants for 2008 entry (or 2009 deferred entry) should contact the Admissions Office of the College they applied to (or CAO in the case of open applicants) if they have not received an acknowledgment of their CAF by Friday 2 November."
eek, its getting close..
I too am a prospective Emma Mathmo, fingers crossed!

These questionnaires shall be the death of me, god knows how many times I've explained why I want to apply to Cambridge!

/tears hair out

Latest

Trending

Trending