Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glowstix)
    Hey, I have my interview on the 6th December
    Going to Emma on the 5th and staying a night though
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    Haha, see you there o__o
    Do they reject people to stay over? Cos my TSA is at 11.30.am.

ReputationRep:
    same here as well.
    Of course you can stay over... Just fill in the papers you got in the mail about food and accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if I remember right they made it seem like you had to have a really good reason to stay over. That's not really the case, they just do that because if they didn't everyone would stay over (most people do anyway I think) and they would be struggling to accomodate everyone. You'll certainly be allowed to stay with an 11.30 start.

ReputationRep:
    Fabulous.
    I will be bricking it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what a reading is (in terms of interview)...and what it entails? Will it involve lots of people/fellows? I have 3 of them for my interview

ReputationRep:
    Reading is when you get given a short passage to read and think about for about 20/30 minutes and in the interview afterwards it will involve discussion on what you have read. I think this is to make the interview like a tutorial that you would get, to see what you are like reacting to new material. I have 2 interviewers in each of my interviews. And a study for each interview also D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glowstix)
    Reading is when you get given a short passage to read and think about for about 20/30 minutes and in the interview afterwards it will involve discussion on what you have read. I think this is to make the interview like a tutorial that you would get, to see what you are like reacting to new material. I have 2 interviewers in each of my interviews. And a study for each interview also D:
    Ok thanks. So what's the point of a reading AFTER the interview? Cuz I have one after as well. How do you know you have 2 interviewers? Do they tell you that in the letter? Sorry for all the questions...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about the one after, are you sure you don't have an interview after that second reading?
    and the names of the interviewers are on the letter you get.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on the 4th of december!! Not sure what i should wear to the interview though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wan1)
    I have an interview on the 4th of december!! Not sure what i should wear to the interview though!!
    It's really not that big a deal - it's far more important to wear something you're comfortable in than it is to wear something smart. Some people go for a full suit and tie, some people wear pretty much what they'd wear normally, and you can go with either of these or anything in between. As long as you're not obviously untidy you'll be fine - the interviewers certainly don't dress up for it so there's no need for you to.

I can't remember if I'm showing interviewees around on the 4th or the 3rd... Hmmm. I think it's the 3rd. Any of you lucky people with interviews on Monday might have the truly life-changing experience of meeting me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wan1)
    when i went for my interview there were a couple of people in jeans - not to say you should wear them, but i dont think what you wear is a massive issue... to be safe, just go fairly smart...

ReputationRep:
    Is the "College Parents" scheme something that's only done at Emma?

ReputationRep:
    I think at least some other colleges do it. I was on a swap with Jesus last night and college parents came into the conversation, they have them aswell; as do Trinity. That's an engineers proof that they all do.

ReputationRep:
    i am pretty sure more college have them then don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Ditto
    Same here
    See you guys there!

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered this: does thefts from students' rooms happen?

ReputationRep:
    yes it happens, but it's generally quite rare, and you can almost guarentee it wont happen if you always lock your door.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of taking the coach from Stansted airport to Cambridge since the bus station is right next to Emmanuel. Do any of you know if it's necessary to book tickets in advance?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview on the 8th December for Vet Med. Worst thing about it is that it starts at 8:30 in the morning! Grr.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.