The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

So what kindof things did most people get in STEP then? How many of them didn't make the STEP grades but are still at Emma? I'm a lot more worried about the STEP than the other grades!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
S,S; S,1; 1,1; 3x1,2 (one of whom summer pooled from Trinity). Don't know the other two. Think one of them missed his offer though judging by something he said once. So I would go for three/four for this year, but I'm guessing that'll be (a lot?) more than usual. Also, the people who didn't meet their offer but did get in wouldn't have been far of and/or would have shown promise in STEP.
Wow, only 8 mathematicians?
Reply 423
Yeh this year's Emma maths intake was fairly small compared to the number of offers. Don't let that put you off though! Out of the people who missed their STEP offer, some still got in, some were pooled to other places (Emma is a really popular college so other colleges will often take Emma people from the pool), and some didn't make it. It depends how close you are to getting a 1 and how impressed they were with your paper.

ad_absurdum of course being Scottish didn't have to do STEP 3 :rolleyes:
Alright for some, eh! :smile:
*Waves*

MML at Emma for me if I make my grades :smile:
*Waves back* (Zoedotdot, can you tell I'm meant to be getting some work done but I'm distracted?!)
Ha I beat you... Maths mocks tomorrow with very little revision having been done so far! A pickle is not a strong enough word to describe the mess that I am in, but it's a good one all the same :-)

Must...meet...Cambridge...offer... (who else is now going to have to put this on every post a) to remind you to get off TSR to work and b) just because you're now feeling rather superstitious about the whole thing?)
OK, shall we call it a draw? Duck for tomorrow (sorry, in-joke with Jess...imaginary_world- she says duck instead of good luck and seeing as we are hopefully going to Emma, it seemed appropriate!)

Anyways, must...meet...Cambridge...offer... but I did do 2 C3 papers since my last post, so work is progressing nicely :-)
Danielle2137
OK, shall we call it a draw? Duck for tomorrow (sorry, in-joke with imaginary_world- she says duck instead of good luck and seeing as we are hopefully going to Emma, it seemed appropriate!)

Anyways, must...meet...Cambridge...offer... but I did do 2 C3 papers since my last post, so work is progressing nicely :-)

I am a random person. If you don't like it, tough.
I do like it...in fact I love it so much I even steal your words :-) See, Emma love xxx
Gosh, only just over 4 months until STEP! :redface:
calcium878
Gosh, only just over 4 months until STEP! :redface:

Don't worry about it; just cram the night before and you'll be fine.
... but what do you cram for such an exam?
Maybe the STEP syllabus? Or just have a leaf through and check you can do all the past papers maybe - I'm wrist-deep in STEP III's as we speak!
I wonder if the ponds have frozen over? Leaving some rather disgruntled ducks!
_imperator_
I wonder if the ponds have frozen over? Leaving some rather disgruntled ducks!

Yes they have. The ducks have to walk on the ice now :biggrin:. Sometimes they step on a weak bit and fall through it, it's great. Especially great was wandering around the paddock and fellows garden* at 2am when the pond was frozen and it was really misty.

*For the record, I am far too responsible to be tresspassing in the fellows garden, especially in the middle of the night. :p:
Anyone else got the Freshers' pre-pack? So many (largeish) one-off charges!
Ah, I can't believe I forgot they were sending it out this month. I guess I'll be getting mine in a few days...
I got mine :biggrin: I'm soooooooo excited about it all now, it's given me so much motivation to do some work and revision this weekend (after I've got out all my excitement on TSR of course!) :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending