Turn on thread page Beta

Emmanuel College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's lucky that the price of vegetables is very important to me then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hey, we're the cool kids.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I haven't been on this site since last summer. I can't believe you're spending your time engaging in virtual vegetable related banter Louise. And wasn't that written pre-exams?!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh and that's David. I'm onto you guys! By the way I'm pretty sure you're my future neighbour are you A11?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess14)
    Ooh and that's David. I'm onto you guys! By the way I'm pretty sure you're my future neighbour are you A11?!
    Indeed I am. What room are you in? A staircase is going to be the place to be next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Indeed I am. What room are you in? A staircase is going to be the place to be next year
    Any idea on what grades Emma might accept if you miss the 1,1? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Any idea on what grades Emma might accept if you miss the 1,1? :puppyeyes:
    In all likelihood they will accept a 1,2. I think of the 8 mathmos in our year, 4 (including myself) missed our offers and got 1,2. In my case maybe I was favoured because I got a 1 on STEP 3 and 2 on STEP 2 rather than the other way round, but who knows. I thought I'd completely buggered my STEP when I'd taken it (I thought 2,3 or at best 2,2) and was getting used to the idea of going to Bristol! So don't sweat it too much - STEP hurts everyone unless they're some horrible uber-genius.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds a bit more concerting, thanks :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan then eh Calcium? If it makes you feel better, I don't even get a day off, got AEA physics tomorrow (oh, today...)

Gah, i hope my school doesn't value its straight AEA distinction record too much

ReputationRep:
    I pulled out of the Physics AEA when I found it was between the two STEP ones :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ben and cal - good luck I don't envy you poor STEP people!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Zoe TSR is just as good revision as past papers, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenSpurgen)
    Cheers Zoe TSR is just as good revision as past papers, right?
    Worked for me :p: (Hey, you're awake in the daytime, is this usual for you? )

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'm awake all hours, especially during examtimes when I'm fuelled by Proplus!

Gah, my school blocks facebook I could be catching up on sorely neglected commenting right now, but instead I'm stuck with solar winds and Helium-Neon lasers ¬_¬

Then again, those do sound quite cool - if only I knew what they were...

ReputationRep:
    Oh dearie, that doesn't really sound too fun... Will STEP be your last then? And are you planning on ever getting any sleep at all? :p:

Actually, I have a three comment long comment to write to you that I haven't managed yet. Why? Because I've been too busy relaxing. Forgive me, I'll do it now :p: I'm sure solar winds and Helium-Neon lasers sound cool, but it's probably better that you don't know what they are because as soon as you do they'll lose all that impressiveness, and in a couple of days you'll be saying "eurgh, I never want to hear about those dratted solar winds again".

Oh, and Happy Birthday for a couple of days ago :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Ben and cal - good luck I don't envy you poor STEP people!
    Cheers =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    but it's probably better that you don't know what they are because as soon as you do they'll lose all that impressiveness, and in a couple of days you'll be saying "eurgh, I never want to hear about those dratted solar winds again".
    You can never have too much of lasers and solar winds, EVER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _imperator_)
    You can never have too much of lasers and solar winds, EVER.
    Really? Maybe I ought to try some out then :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well that was 3 hours of my life I'll never get back :| Still, at least it was plenty easier than most of the previous years ^^

ReputationRep:
    It's over, yayyyy ^^

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.