The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
I HAVE AN OFFER.

A*AA in any order, and 1 on STEP 2 and STEP 3!

EEEEEEEE SO HAPPY :biggrin:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Rejection for me :cry2:
I'm from London and heard that there was a delay with the posting of the letters (got posted yesterday but not 100% sure) but thought that the letter would have arrived by today, the suspense is becoming almost unbearable. I think I'll wait for the post tomorrow before sending an email though. BTW anyone got an offer for medicine?
Original post by kerily
It was! It brought me deep, deep joy. (I also love his name. I really, really do. If I get an offer, I am so tempted to anonymously leave a tube of Pringles outside his office every now and then.)

You might be supervised by him at some point, so you'll probably see him and his office again. :wink:
Original post by broadwayrachael
Rejection for me :cry2:

Commiserations.. I'm sure you will do great wherever you do go though
Reply 1205
Original post by Zhen Lin
You might be supervised by him at some point, so you'll probably see him and his office again. :wink:

Oh good. I'll present him with pringles. :biggrin:
Original post by kerily
I HAVE AN OFFER.

A*AA in any order, and 1 on STEP 2 and STEP 3!

EEEEEEEE SO HAPPY :biggrin:

:woo: Future Cambridge mathematicians!!!
Reply 1207
Original post by cpdavis
:woo: Future Cambridge mathematicians!!!

I KNOW :biggrin: I am so badly looking forwards to meeting all you lovely Emmanuel people now.
Original post by kerily
I KNOW :biggrin: I am so badly looking forwards to meeting all you lovely Emmanuel people now.

Once I have done Jan exams, will focus on STEP. Aiming now for SS/S1
Reply 1209
Original post by cpdavis
Once I have done Jan exams, will focus on STEP. Aiming now for SS/S1

Wow, really? I'm just aiming for 1,1 because that's what I need... I'm only going to start looking at STEP after January (and I'm going to aim for an A* in all three of my subjects, and my extended project, in the hope of getting leeway if I miss the STEP grades) but I'm not sure how well I'll be doing. Mainly because I'm the only person from school doing it, and everyone else I talked to in the Room Of Doom before the interview was on about how their school ran special STEP classes and stuff :frown:
Original post by kerily
Wow, really? I'm just aiming for 1,1 because that's what I need... I'm only going to start looking at STEP after January (and I'm going to aim for an A* in all three of my subjects, and my extended project, in the hope of getting leeway if I miss the STEP grades) but I'm not sure how well I'll be doing. Mainly because I'm the only person from school doing it, and everyone else I talked to in the Room Of Doom before the interview was on about how their school ran special STEP classes and stuff :frown:

I'm going to subscribe to the STEP thread, we can help each other

my maths teacher can help with STEP, and just trying to find as many resources as possible

we will be fine cambridge matho :awesome:
Well done all Emma applicants. I got pooled by Emma but luckily enough the wonderful Homerton decided to fish me :smile:!
Reply 1212
Congratulations to all Emma offer-holders:biggrin: I may have a sufficiently large repository of knowledge by now to assist in answering any relevant questions, so please, feel free to forward them!:biggrin:
This is an automated message from the Admissions Office, Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge.

Current applicants - decisions were posted by first class and air mail on Wednesday 5 January, but we are aware that there are significant delays, relating to the delivery of these letters. UCAS is due to be updated on Monday and Tuesday next week, so you should be able to check your status online. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and extra stress this has caused.

For anyone who still hasn't received their letter (myself included), they are aware of the problem.
Rejected as well.
Oh well. :frown:
Original post by a daedalus
Commiserations.. I'm sure you will do great wherever you do go though

Fellow English at Emmanuel fresher to be!
Original post by flygirl99

Well done! Which day was your interview (i might have asked you this before, poor memory) ... may have met you!

Well done! Which day was your interview (i might have asked you this before, poor memory) ... may have met you!

Yay more English freshers :smile: although I did know of a daedalus already :tongue:

Original post by Gooner231
Yay more English freshers :smile: although I did know of a daedalus already :tongue:

14th December?
14th December?

I was there on the 14th :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending