Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully joining Emma in 2007 for English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzbangzip)
    Hey everyone... well grades willing I'm hopefully going to join you all in September at Emma... anyone know of any other Classicists?
    Congrats on your offer! Emma has only taken one or two classicists a year for the last few years, there's only one in first year this year. Don't worry though, because you'll make loads of friends in your faculty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aisling_xxx)
    Congrats on your offer! Emma has only taken one or two classicists a year for the last few years, there's only one in first year this year. Don't worry though, because you'll make loads of friends in your faculty!
    So only one Classicist this year? Ah well... call me unique

ReputationRep:
    So only one Classicist this year? Ah well... call me unique
    no i think they mean there's only one classicist in the year above you. Although you may end up being the only one this coming year as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    no i think they mean there's only one classicist in the year above you. Although you may end up being the only one this coming year as well.
    Well, grades willing... Has Emma got loads of people doing one subject? I mean are there lots of, say, engineers? Or is it pretty mixed between the subjects as a representation of the whole Cambridge student body?

ReputationRep:
    I would say things are usually quite in proportion with the student body as whole....although sometimes things buck the trend - I heard that in the year below me (so current 2nd years) there were no computer scientists. I dont know if that's due to a lack of offers or that they all missed their offers though?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there are any computer scientists in first year either.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

So, prospective undergrads, does anyone know what we have to do about fees? I kind of lost my letter, and I'm sure it mentioned something but I can't remember what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad absurdum)
    Bump.

So, prospective undergrads, does anyone know what we have to do about fees? I kind of lost my letter, and I'm sure it mentioned something but I can't remember what
    I think that it's £3,070 a year... and we should expect 'inflatory rises'.... nice and vague...

What subject are you planning on doing?

ReputationRep:
    I think that it's £3,070 a year... and we should expect 'inflatory rises'.... nice and vague...
    Hehe, okay. So the letter doesn't say anything about payment or anything?

What subject are you planning on doing?
    I'm a mathemagacian to be What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mathemagacian to be What about you?
    A Classicist... aren't I cool?

ReputationRep:
    A Classicist... aren't I cool?
    Ahh right. You're not a classicist, you're the claccisist :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right. You're not a classicist, you're the claccisist :p:
    Grades permitting the Classicist... I can not be the only one sad enough to study people who lived 2000 years ago can I? Right? According to Willa, I may have to look for more in other colleges.... there must be more of us out there...

ReputationRep:
    I clicked on this thread because the title is my first name!

Sad, I know.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Cambridge tonight to see me friend... went past Emma... good choice everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Just to ask. Does anybody have accomodation information yet? They said that they were sending it some time in March so was just wondering...

ReputationRep:
    I've got mine.

ReputationRep:
    Got mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolverine123)
    Got mine.
    Did you pick North Court or South Court?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be grateful if any current Emma students could tell us what the main differences between North and South court are and which, if any, is better!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.