world lit Watch

hello789
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
for the essay do the quotations count in the word count or are they excluded?
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They do!
I had to redo mine a thousand times because of that since my teacher said they didn't so I went over the word limit. Then he foundout they did, so I put them in footnotes, then he decided that there was the chance footnotes did too, so I actually had to rewrite it.
So, yeah, they do!
rugdollap
Report 12 years ago
Did you sue your teacher for teaching you wrong things? You can easily get $60,000 if you sued the school/college/uni.
hello789
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
LOL SUE THE TEACHER that actually made me laugh
i probably just couldn't survive the aftermath.
how awkward would it be to have to be taught by someone you sued out of pure spite? :rolleyes: :p: :mad: :tsr2: :eek: :eek: :cool: :suitc: :suitd: :suith:
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rugdollap)
Did you sue your teacher for teaching you wrong things? You can easily get $60,000 if you sued the school/college/uni.
No, it all worked out ok in the end. And other than that little incident I really like him!

And my mum teaches at the school too, so that could create some awkwardness
HMSChocolate
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
haha.

yes, quotes count. unfortunately. so if you have a really long quote, don't quote it whole. Put "beginning couple of words...last couple of words". Or dont put really long quotes, save your words for talking about the text cos chances are the examiner you get wont have the actua book with them so they might not understand what you're talking about if you condense a quote like above.
Footnotes don't count in wordcount but I dont know if you should put quotes in the footnotes. It looks obvious then that you're putting them there because you are over word limit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?