Edexcel A Level Product Design: Resistant Materials 2015

Watch
Agent47_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone studying/ have studied this subject and willing to give any help/ recommend any revision resources to me and/or anyone currently studying this?

Any help would be much appreciated
catrinana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Agent47_)
Anyone studying/ have studied this subject and willing to give any help/ recommend any revision resources to me and/or anyone currently studying this?

Hey, I also study it (AS level currently), but unfortunately I have no resources to give right now sorry - I'm just popping in to say hi anyway, since it's rare to meet someone else doing this particular course on TSR! :woo:
Claire.08T
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Hey, I am doing A2 edexcel product design (resistant materials) how are you finding it?
Agent47_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Claire.08T)
Hey, I am doing A2 edexcel product design (resistant materials) how are you finding it?
Its good, but it isn't as big of a step up from GCSE Resistant Materials to AS compared to Maths for example. The coursework takes a long time though. Did you have a particular method to get the coursework done well?
Claire.08T
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its good, but it isn't as big of a step up from GCSE Resistant Materials to AS compared to Maths for example. The coursework takes a long time though. Did you have a particular method to get the coursework done well?
I agree, but year 13 is MUCH more intense, you're very independent, but I am coping well at the minute. I would just make sure I met every deadline, look up resources online and made sure I did every single improvement possible, and went into lots of detail!
Claire.08T
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not sure if this thread is still active, but if anyone does have any helpful resources/revision notes for A2 Product design that would be awesome
IamJuggernaut
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll have a look at what I got and also got to finally see someone whos doing edexcel a2 product design, seems like everyones doign aqa. And if u come across other edecxcel threads, let me know. How did ur coursework go?
adishakur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how are you'll getting on with revision for the AS/A2 EXAM
IamJuggernaut
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
to be honest, havent really started and dont think its that hard anyway, probably gonna start during halfterm
evec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how did everyone find the AS exam? (it's a retake so i really hope i've done well)
yolopolo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Had any of yours done cnc??? I didn't have that even in my notes!!!
evec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yolopolo)
Had any of yours done cnc??? I didn't have that even in my notes!!!
nope!! I mean we had briefly mentioned it but we were never told what steps were taken? Its not even in the textbook! I also didnt like the wording of the last question about 'evaluate the cost implications of quality control for a buisness' hmm
yolopolo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yea I was repeating so I did about cnc this year in a2 but never the steps??? I literally stared at that page for a good 20 mins!! I know cnc isn't mentioned at all in as surely that illegal😩 Ohhh no neither did I'd say I only got a few marks for it I'm horrible at evaluating!! I'm so happy no lathe/milling/ rivets came up tho as I didn't look over them at all!!!
adishakur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i reckon they will be pretty easy on the grade boundaries seeing as most people i spoke to messed up the CNC question, fortunately I still have my A2 next Tuesday to recover this mess lol
yolopolo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adishakur)
i reckon they will be pretty easy on the grade boundaries seeing as most people i spoke to messed up the CNC question, fortunately I still have my A2 next Tuesday to recover this mess lol
Really I have it too but mines is on Monday?????
adishakur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yolopolo)
Really I have it too but mines is on Monday?????
oh yeah sorry mine is monday too
adishakur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i still haven't properly started revising for it though lol
yolopolo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yea neither have I, I also have biology that day which is also yet to be started😩 why do I do this to myself
evec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
me neither tbh, idk why but all the past paper questions seem to ask for advantages and disadvantages which i think you can make up without knowing exactly what it is tbh
yolopolo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by evec)
me neither tbh, idk why but all the past paper questions seem to ask for advantages and disadvantages which i think you can make up without knowing exactly what it is tbh
this year there's so many of those random names with the random letters but that's why I think it's could be quite hard to get your head around!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads