The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Product Design: Resistant Materials 2015

Scroll to see replies

well, the book is just the version before the new edexcel blue textbook which has the CNC question, and in terms of resources for A2 all that you have to learn is in the book, I have been told by former A2 students to learn all the advantage & disadvantages off all main topics JIT, CAM, CAD, using biotechnology etc etc, because all questions by edexcel are based upon that and it is an easy way to memorise/revise for it, they also told me to make sure i read through and underline key points of design history as there will 100% be a question regarding something related to it
Reply 41
Original post by adishakur
well, the book is just the version before the new edexcel blue textbook which has the CNC question, and in terms of resources for A2 all that you have to learn is in the book, I have been told by former A2 students to learn all the advantage & disadvantages off all main topics JIT, CAM, CAD, using biotechnology etc etc, because all questions by edexcel are based upon that and it is an easy way to memorise/revise for it, they also told me to make sure i read through and underline key points of design history as there will 100% be a question regarding something related to it
I don't feel like the booklet we have has a lot of info in it idk it's very waffly and doesn't have advantages/disadvantages for each thing! But that other person is very kindly sharing there notes so I will use them and do ppqs and should hopefully be fine
Original post by yolopolo
Ohhh yes plz that would be fab😁 I've found very little for it but I'm going to look about tonight again and if I find anything I'll post it in here!

SO, basically I have done is printed the pages from this website, which gives information on Unit 3. It is similar to the book but summarises it better, and has
bullet points which can be used to revisit.

Website: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Graphic_Products/Edexcel/Unit_3_:biggrin:esigning_for_the_Future/Industrial_and_commercial_practice

The content is divided into topics and sub-topic which makes it easy to navigate.

And what I've done is printed all the pages and added more points next to these
according to the mark scheme of the last 5 past papers which pretty much covers most of the sub-topics. I will upload it tomorrow night bcuz just need to finish few subtopics.
I don't feel like the booklet we have has a lot of info in it idk it's very waffly and doesn't have advantages/disadvantages for each thing! But that other person is very kindly sharing there notes so I will use them and do ppqs and should hopefully be fine

to be honest, everything that might come up in the exam is in the book, they dont
ask u anything out of it, our school just introduced these books and its really
helpful, i dont know how the previous years students managed without the books.
Reply 44
Original post by IamJuggernaut
to be honest, everything that might come up in the exam is in the book, they dont
ask u anything out of it, our school just introduced these books and its really
helpful, i dont know how the previous years students managed without the books.

I wish we had those books but we just have photocopied pages I'm not sure where from but the points in them are quite abit different to the past papers I've gone through😪😪
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
SO, basically I have done is printed the pages from this website, which gives information on Unit 3. It is similar to the book but summarises it better, and has

Website: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Graphic_Products/Edexcel/Unit_3_:biggrin:esigning_for_the_Future/Industrial_and_commercial_practice

The content is divided into topics and sub-topic which makes it easy to navigate.

according to the mark scheme of the last 5 past papers which pretty much covers most of the sub-topics. I will upload it tomorrow night bcuz just need to finish few subtopics.

Oh ok thank you very much I'll do the same!!😊
Reply 46

Sorry to be annoying but would you be able to post that yet if you've finished it that is! :smile: Btw- digital special effect isn't apart of the spec is it?? The only topics that is coming up on that are coming up for me on that link are information and communication technology and biotechnology
(edited 8 years ago)
Um yeah about that, I found notes which I had done near the beginning of the year, but Id completely forgotten about it, it only covered a few topics but today I added a few topics just got a few more topics which I will add as I have lessons tomorrow, then Ill post it tomorrow. Sorry, just need to finish it off. And if you are confused abut what you have to study, heres a link that tells u what u need to know:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Product%20Design/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UA035224_GCE_Lin_DTProDes_Issue_3.pdf

its a big document and on page 104-110 it lists what you need to learn.

Actually, Ill post what I've done in the notes so far, and post it again tomorrow when its finished.
Sorry to be annoying but would you be able to post that yet if you've finished it that is! :smile: Btw- digital special effect isn't apart of the spec is it?? The only topics that is coming up on that are coming up for me on that link are information and communication technology and biotechnology

urgh, it exceeds tsr file limit but its only over 1mb, do you know a way I can upload it or I can email it to you?
Reply 49
urgh, it exceeds tsr file limit but its only over 1mb, do you know a way I can upload it or I can email it to you?

I'll message you my email!!! Thanks a million 😋
you guys think if i can get 95% on all past papers and have basic knowledge of the whole book, not every detail i could get a B grade?
Reply 51
Original post by adishakur
you guys think if i can get 95% on all past papers and have basic knowledge of the whole book, not every detail i could get a B grade?

If your getting 95% you could get an a surely?!
Reply 52
Guys what are your predictions? :smile:
Reply 53
Yea neither have I, I also have biology that day which is also yet to be started😩 why do I do this to myself

Me too! I have biology too on that day! So much content to learn arghh
Reply 54
Original post by Beni24
Guys what are your predictions? :smile:
pretty sure there will be a question on the different design periods as i dont thats actually come up yet also hydro and maybe solar power :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by evec
pretty sure there will be a question on the different design periods as i dont thats actually come up yet also hydro and maybe solar power :smile:

Oh okay thank you :smile: this is my retake so really need to get aleast a C
basically just mark all the topics that they have already asked and revise them through past papers, then the ones they haven't learn them from top to bottom and you will be just fine
Reply 57
Original post by Beni24
Me too! I have biology too on that day! So much content to learn arghh

It's disgusting 😷 have you done much for bio?
Reply 58
It's disgusting 😷 have you done much for bio?

Yeah been concentrating more on biology than this exam haha, both of these exams are retakes for me! What about you? :smile:
yeah looked at a few past papers, and a bit pissed off cos sometimes they sneak in a AS questions as well, like thermochromic pigments and sterelithography has come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending