The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Product Design: Resistant Materials 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
A decent chunk of the Edexcel textbook is on Google books for anyone that doesn't have it.

There are also a couple of revision playlists for this course on YouTube- I'd say reading around the topic is the easiest way to do well in the exam. Watching industry advertisements/training videos and finding case studies for products from the design movements makes talking about them in the exam a lot easier.

I'm sure you'll all be fine :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by lpage810
A decent chunk of the Edexcel textbook is on Google books for anyone that doesn't have it.

There are also a couple of revision playlists for this course on YouTube- I'd say reading around the topic is the easiest way to do well in the exam. Watching industry advertisements/training videos and finding case studies for products from the design movements makes talking about them in the exam a lot easier.

Would you mind sending me the link to the youtube revision playlist?
Reply 62

Ohhh thank you do you know what the edexcel book is called that everyone has for this unit??
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by yolopolo
Ohhh thank you do you know what the edexcel book is called that everyone has for this unit??

It's Edexcel A Level Design and Technology: Product Design, Resistant Materials Technology.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Level-Design-Technology-Product/dp/0435757784 << Looks like that if it's of any help.

It was published in 2008 so some of the content is a little dated and a couple of the suggested websites are no longer owned. It's certainly a great start though.

hey i have scaned the pages but the problem is there are 40 pdfs so im trying to merge it but the size is too big so wait around an hour then ill email it
Reply 65
Original post by IamJuggernaut
hey i have scaned the pages but the problem is there are 40 pdfs so im trying to merge it but the size is too big so wait around an hour then ill email it

Ok nobother I have work in an hour so if I don't get it then I'll get it when I come back thank you 😁
Hey i just emailed it to u, check ur email
Reply 67
How did you all find the exam today?
Reply 68
How did you all find the exam today?
i loved it!! how about you??
which exam board did you do? I did Edexcel and flicked through the pages at the start and thought that it was gonna be terrible but then I took time to think each question through and in the end, it went brilliant, but there were a few tricky questions though,
Reply 70
which exam board did you do? I did Edexcel and flicked through the pages at the start and thought that it was gonna be terrible but then I took time to think each question through and in the end, it went brilliant, but there were a few tricky questions though,
the only question that i didnt really like was the chair one but i think i managed to do okay on it in the end, having 2 hours is really good as it allows you to think if loads of different points to put down
Original post by evec
the only question that i didnt really like was the chair one but i think i managed to do okay on it in the end, having 2 hours is really good as it allows you to think if loads of different points to put down

I am guessing you did AQA as I dont recall a chair question in the Edexcel paper. And yeah its great we are allowed 2 hours, normally in the mocks 45 minutes is enough for me and I get an A but today I had to think a lot and used up all the time.
Reply 72
I am guessing you did AQA as I dont recall a chair question in the Edexcel paper. And yeah its great we are allowed 2 hours, normally in the mocks 45 minutes is enough for me and I get an A but today I had to think a lot and used up all the time.
no i did edexcel, it was the eileen gray chair and how it was designed for the machine age
Reply 73
Original post by evec
no i did edexcel, it was the eileen gray chair and how it was designed for the machine age

Yes I did the same paper as you!! Could we have possible got a nicer test but 😻 I was sooooo happy, video conferencing, JIT, recyled products, offshore manufacture, hydroelectricity...... Like could you ask for anything better
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 74

We did the resistant material paper that's why it was different!! Was suchhhhh a nice paper but how was yours??
Reply 75
Yes I did the same paper as you!! Could we have possible got a nicer test but 😻 I was sooooo happy, video conferencing, JIT, recyled products, offshore manufacture, hydroelectricity...... Like could you ask for anything better
i loved it too!! ahh so happy :smile: i was worried that i would finish too early but i finished with about 10 mins to go so i was happy about that
Reply 76
Original post by evec
i loved it too!! ahh so happy :smile: i was worried that i would finish too early but i finished with about 10 mins to go so i was happy about that

Same I had only revised night before and wanted to die before it!!! Can't believe how nice it was, yea I also had that I kept going back to stuff and just adding points on!!
Reply 77
Same I had only revised night before and wanted to die before it!!! Can't believe how nice it was, yea I also had that I kept going back to stuff and just adding points on!!
i just tried to write as many points i could think of just in case i got the others wrong even if i didnt think they were right lmao
Reply 78
Original post by evec
i loved it!! how about you??

That paper was an absolute dream, could not have asked for better really.

Dreading results day a little less now!
Reply 79
That paper was an absolute dream, could not have asked for better really.

Dreading results day a little less now!
same!! i couldnt believe how nice it was as i turned over each page and saw each question, thanks edexcel!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending