Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im currently 16 and coming to the end of my last year at school,
    I have a conditional offer to study economics at Napier and im also waiting on replies from other Unis
    The reason for me not going straight to uni is that i feel im to young
    so my plan is to take a year out then go to Uni when im 18 and more grown up,
    My question is how do i best spend my "year out"? , i want to do something economics related and i like the idea of going abroad but im not entirely fixed on going abroad and i want to do something that would potentially help me during my degree, any suggestions?

Whenever ive done research on things i could do theyve anything has found either required you to be 18 or required you to already have some sort of degree

ReputationRep:
    You're 16 and want to take a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanreekie)
    Im currently 16 and coming to the end of my last year at school,
    I have a conditional offer to study economics at Napier and im also waiting on replies from other Unis
    The reason for me not going straight to uni is that i feel im to young
    so my plan is to take a year out then go to Uni when im 18 and more grown up,
    My question is how do i best spend my "year out"? , i want to do something economics related and i like the idea of going abroad but im not entirely fixed on going abroad and i want to do something that would potentially help me during my degree, any suggestions?

Whenever ive done research on things i could do theyve anything has found either required you to be 18 or required you to already have some sort of degree
    Guessing you're from Scotland and leaving after fifth year/have a really late birthday?
    As you say, you're not going to be able to do a huge amount based on your age... could you try looking at an apprenticeship or something with a company? Or get a job, but do work experience as well, save up some money and travel in the summer before uni? It's kind of tricky in your situation, but at least you've recognised you won't be ready for uni... Met far too many people who just aren't ready!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.