No social life at sixth form Watch

JoshZ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically I have about 5 good friends at sixth form. I never go out with them and don't have any close girlfriends. I can't for the life of me make any friends here, I've been here for 5 years and moved from my old school, where I was very happy. I have proven that people outside of school like me and when I go to house parties with one of my old mates I get loads of girls and make friends with all of the lads. So it's not me. I hate my social life do much and only go to the occasional house party with my old mate every 4 months or so... I honestly am so bored of my life, what do I do? Stick out the remaining 6 months and wait for uni??
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't think you have a choice tbh.
OhGod
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JoshZ)
Basically I have about 5 good friends at sixth form. I never go out with them and don't have any close girlfriends. I can't for the life of me make any friends here, I've been here for 5 years and moved from my old school, where I was very happy. I have proven that people outside of school like me and when I go to house parties with one of my old mates I get loads of girls and make friends with all of the lads. So it's not me. I hate my social life do much and only go to the occasional house party with my old mate every 4 months or so... I honestly am so bored of my life, what do I do? Stick out the remaining 6 months and wait for uni??
Work hard and forget about your social life. You will have a legendary social life at university!
Greywind
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I understand where you're coming from. I've had a similar experience to you where I can't seem to make many friends within my school but the times where I've been with people my own age out of school, I've got on with them well. I think it's probably just the school that you're at and unfortunately, there's nothing really to be done except dealing with it for the six months.

But just think, once that's over you can move on and get more friends who you'll become close to!
JoshZ
Rep:
?
(Original post by shawn_o1)
Don't think you have a choice tbh.
Haha, I think you're right....
JoshZ
Rep:
?
(Original post by OhGod)
Work hard and forget about your social life. You will have a legendary social life at university!
Life's just so boring at the minute I suppose it'll all get better at uni.......
JoshZ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Greywind)
I understand where you're coming from. I've had a similar experience to you where I can't seem to make many friends within my school but the times where I've been with people my own age out of school, I've got on with them well. I think it's probably just the school that you're at and unfortunately, there's nothing really to be done except dealing with it for the six months.

But just think, once that's over you can move on and get more friends who you'll become close to!
I think you're right, I had tonnes of friends at my old school. Social life is **** right now but uni will be mental!
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JoshZ)
Tbh i think most people do not have a social life at this stage of their lives as A levels are important. You are surly not alone.
Jackasnacks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JoshZ)
Hah I feel ya
I've got friends but zero time to go out so my social life is also lacking.. The only parties I actually try to get to are birthdays. Just focus on your grades till uni I guess!
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
No. Don't wait until Uni. I am in Y11, and had, notice, *had,* the same problem. I joined the school I am in at the start of year 10, and only went out once from the period I joined to late September of Y11. I had literally no friends here, and I had the same thinking as you-when I go to Sixth Form, I will move to a different town, and start a new life. But then I decided, naah, **** that. **** THAT. I decided I wanted a social life, and friends, and fun. So what did I do? I started talking to new people, just went up and started talking to them, both in school and outside. I built up the acquaintanceships I had into friendships, I started inviting people to go out, I became daring. I joined many local sports clubs, and started just picking up leaflets and saying "Yes" to them. There, I always talked to people. And guess what? Now I have friends, and I have changed as a person. My life has changed for the better, and is still constantly improving. You can do this too. So, why are you still sitting here, skulking around? GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise