Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm new to all this and extremely confused, any information and advise is very much appreciated!
    I am looking to start studying with the open university. I'm 21yrs and currently claiming job seekers allowance. I live with my partner in his parents council house. I would like to sign off job seekers and start a full time open university course online. Would I be able to get a student loan that would cover the student fees and my living costs? Is this at all possible and if so how much would it be?
    Thanks in advance!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

All Open University courses are considered part-time and will attract a loan for tuition fees only.

We would only offer maintenance support for living costs to students studying full-time courses.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Not the answer I was hoping for! Is there absolutely no funding from anywhere for part-time students living costs?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

Unfortunately not from us, we would award tuition fees only. The course provider may have their own sources of funding available but you would need to discuss that with them directly.

Thanks.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.