Hey guys! I need to to make my IB choices very soon and I am still hesitating on what subject choices I should make.
I want to pursue a career in finance. I’m more of a maths person, however, I do not enjoy physics. I therefore thought finance would be perfect. (it seems fun too (any advice would be appreciated))
Here is what I am considering:
- Maths (my strongest subject, should will be okay at HL)
- Economics (obviously for finance)
- Chemistry (here is what I’m hesitating about, I’m not sure what to have for my 3rd HL)
- (I am not into the languages. They’re probably my weakest subjects)
- Biology (again, cannot decide for my 3rd SL)
Here, I have written bio and chem because I enjoy them. I usually get 7/7 in sciences (incl. phys). I have considered medicine, but have come to the conclusion that it didn’t suit me. Are there any other subjects which may be useful (eg. psychology), or should I just choose subjects which I’m best at so that I can maximise my grade?
The only entry requirement for business/finance/economics courses is HL math. There are many people who go into finance with physics, is it okay if I don’t take it?
Sorry, lots of questions. Thanks.
Turn on thread page Beta
Subject choices for Finance watch
- Thread Starter
- 06-01-2015 21:36