Turn on thread page Beta

Changing degree watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been studying 6 weeks at a business school in London doing Management (3 years).

I have had a hard time to study as I do not think the subject is interesting at all. I have reviewed what I am going to study during the next 3 years and only two elective modules interests me. So my degree must be totally wrong for me?

I am interested in ebusiness and developing business models for websites.

What should I do? I have 3 subjects with final exams in Jan which I can get a "OK" grade on but if I continue to study until May, I will have a hard time passing and there is a great possibility that I will have to do 1-3 resits in August.

If I apply for a new degree within another uni, will they look at what I have done this year or is my working experience (mature student) and A-level results enough?

Should I do my best this term and leave after my Jan exams or continue the whole year?

What are your A level results/work experience etc? Are they relevant to an ebusiness degree?

If I were you I would either continue to January and reapply now or reapply now and do some more work related to ebusiness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    What are your A level results/work experience etc? Are they relevant to an ebusiness degree?

If I were you I would either continue to January and reapply now or reapply now and do some more work related to ebusiness.
    My work experience is related to ebusiness/online marketing, my A-levels is directly related to computer science / programming.

It looks like a computer science or ebusiness degree would interest you more than a business degree.

Is it something like this you would be interested in:
    http://cswww.essex.ac.uk/prospective...technology.htm
    As it has database things :p:

Or is it just plain ebusiness? I dont know your A level results so I cant really suggest any courses for you but theres plenty of computer science degrees about and good unis that will have modules that will interest you like Bath, Sheffield, Newcastle etc. Kent has business computing and Loughborough have Comp Science + e business.

ReputationRep:
    This may be a really stupid question.

But can you put in an application to reapply for 2007 entry whilst continuing with a degree this year. Or do you have to leave to reapply?

ReputationRep:
    im doing e-business at liverpool, and from what you say it sounds like a degree youd enjoy. weve just done quite a bit of stuff on e-business models, website analysis, programming, marketing and management. You should think about your options then apply. Need any more info on this course PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student1700)
    This may be a really stupid question.

But can you put in an application to reapply for 2007 entry whilst continuing with a degree this year. Or do you have to leave to reapply?
    I am sure that I can reapply and at the same time continue my degree for the first year.

This question might seem stupid but is it common for uni's in the UK for fail students and make them not to continue after the first year if they are 1-2 marks below pass on a resit for example. a pass in 30% at my uni so it shouldnt be that hard but u never know. As we pay quite a lot of money in tutution fees, it would make sense that the uni's do whatever it takes to keep students for money reasons...

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.