Anyone going to Oxford??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
What A Levels are you doing??? What offers have you got?

I got a place to read physics and need 3 As, but I've heard that other people have got offers of 2 A's and a B which is well unfair.

Also why do Cambridge take people with four As simply on principle? Like, I know somebody who got a place to do Natural Sciences and needs to get an A is german- how mad can you get!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Dont worry about other people.
If you want 3 A's you can get it easily....
It'sPhil...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Considering how difficult it is to even get any sort of offer from such a prestigious university i reckon you shoiuld be happy and concentrate on working hard to secure the A grades required.

Remember A-levels are qualifications in their own right, not just a means in which to get into a university, so ultimately you'll be better off with AAAa than someone who only needed and so probably only bothered to get AAB or ABB
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
What A Levels are you doing??? What offers have you got?

I got a place to read physics and need 3 As, but I've heard that other people have got offers of 2 A's and a B which is well unfair.

Also why do Cambridge take people with four As simply on principle? Like, I know somebody who got a place to do Natural Sciences and needs to get an A is german- how mad can you get!
It depends on what sort of school you go to. It is unfair to expect someone who goes to a low performing state school to have to get the same as someone who goes to a private school.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i got an offer of aab to read law at merton but i am still going to work for an A in each of the four a-levels i am doing. at least this way i am not tempting fate by trying to ease off because of some false sense of security provided by the fact i can drop down to a B in to subjects.
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I've also got a place for physics at Univ, 3 A's. Seems like the typical offer these days.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My brother is at oxford right now...doing PPE- non of these subjects had he done previously for any qualification -whether Alevel. GCSE or other...
so it just goes to show...*tries to think of what she is meaning to say and fails*

Anyway goodluck with it etc etc

what colledge have you applied to?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
heya

i got an AABB offer from Oxford to do biochem, with an A in chem.

its fair i reckon, there's a lot of competition for places so making 4 A-level offers gives them some scope to choose. most people who apply are of a high standard.

anyways, what college is your offer from? Wadham for me.

b xx
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What college did you get into (unregistered guest #1)? I got into Christchurch to do Physics, AAA.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
wonder if i get into oxford with my D and 2 Es
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by elpaw
What college did you get into (unregistered guest #1)? I got into Christchurch to do Physics, AAA.
I got into Teddy Hall (supposedly the worst college in Oxford)

Well good luck everyone.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I thought you needed 4 to 5 A's to get into oxford.
Im surprised they offered an AABB. I could probably even get that if i tried a little.
kat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone want to do or have got offers form oxford to do psychology? what is the likely offer? and how was the test at the interview? do the results from this test determine whether you are offerered a place or not. thanx if anyone answers!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by kat
Does anyone want to do or have got offers form oxford to do psychology? what is the likely offer? and how was the test at the interview? do the results from this test determine whether you are offerered a place or not. thanx if anyone answers!
they really don't care about how well you do on tests: interviews are much more important.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
shutup swots
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone else have an open offer from Oxford?

I have one for AAA to study chem.

Does anyone know when they let you know what college?
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you not apply for a particular college? I thought you had to apply for the college before attending and interview and being accepted etc etc?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I assume Oxford is the same as Cambridge.. you can either make an application to a specific college, or make an open application where you're allocated to a college.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeah, i got an offer of 3AAAs to do medicine at queen's
but i think i might get AAB, coz physics aqa(A) was well hard. got synoptic 2moro, wish me luck!
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good Luck!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise