Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend doesn't go out watch

Me and my boyfriend are really happy together and love each other, but he literally doesn't go out (unless its with me), ever. He only goes out with me, and sometimes me and my friends. My friends are starting to make jokes about him, and I am really worried. I want my bf to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he IS happy at home?

Idk, for me sometimes going out drains my energy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want my bf to be happy.
    Who says he's not?

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend are really happy together and love each other, but he literally doesn't go out (unless its with me), ever. He only goes out with me, and sometimes me and my friends. My friends are starting to make jokes about him, and I am really worried. I want my bf to be happy.
    When you say literally, how often does he go out?
    [hoping you're not my girlfriend, not been out in a while now! (pesky coursework)]

(Original post by hellodave5)
    When you say literally, how often does he go out?
    [hoping you're not my girlfriend, not been out in a while now! (pesky coursework)]
    He doesn't go out with friends, at all. Like nill, zilch. I am starting to wonder if he has any friends. I mean yeah, he does go to gym and has a large build, but other than that, nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    He might be happy like that.Ask yourself this would you rather him be the way he is now,happy,loving caring for you etc.Or going out looking at other girls ,he is then more likely to cheat and you'll end up being like some of these girls on tsr asking him for a second chance.Let it be you might actually offend him if you asked him .I'm a guy btw

ReputationRep:
    obviously it's a little concerning if he never goes out or has no friends but if he's happy then you can't do much

ReputationRep:
    in fact that sounds more like you just want him to act like you think happy people should, because you're worried of losing your friends

//sorry if that was offensive

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't go out with friends, at all. Like nill, zilch. I am starting to wonder if he has any friends. I mean yeah, he does go to gym and has a large build, but other than that, nowhere.
    Ah I see.
    Why do you think that is? You must have some idea.

ReputationRep:
    Girls complain that their bfs go out with their friends all the time and when they don't go out. There is just no pleasing them!

ReputationRep:
    Anon op you sound like my ex, I have small group of friends and I didn't go out often like my ex bf did. He complained about it a lot like doing right now. Long story short I eventually got tired of him going on about it in addition everything became an issue so I broke with him, you found bf like why r trying to change him? I'm sure you mean well however maybe he likes being that way. If you force him too much it might create problems in your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    If I could do my degree at home, I would never go out. I'm jealous of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owwwww2)
    Girls complain that their bfs go out with their friends all the time and when they don't go out. There is just no pleasing them!
    The OP is indicative of the OP's opinion, not "girls" as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    Mine doesn't go out that often either. He's happy staying in and chilling out and tbh so am I. If your boyfriend is happy and he doesn't stop you from having a social life then just leave him to it

ReputationRep:
    First of all, you better check your friends. lol How are they running jokes about your guy being a loner?I would nip that in the bud so fast that they wouldn't dare take the piss out of him

It seems like he's just not the type to go out & prefers staying in. Theres nothing wrong with that at all, if you want him to be happy you'll respect that. Maybe he doesn't have any close friends and finds comfort in being with you instead. You could simply ask him if you wish and he'd tell you the deal, I'm sure. Maybe you want some space, is that it?

ReputationRep:
    yeah he needs to man up op.

ReputationRep:
    He's happy at home, but for you he is willing to go out and socialize a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well that disproves the "theory" that those who stay holed up aren't fit and healthy...

ReputationRep:
    Does he actually appear unhappy to you?
    Some people prefer lifestyles like that.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Doesnt mean hes not happy, sure he may not have friends but his going out time may all be for you.

I never go out nor do i have barely any friends and if i had a girlfriend our dates seeing each other etc would be all i do to go out... But i dont have one :cry:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2015
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.