Beijing - which hotel location is the best? Watch

czechmishaout
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi y'all,
I'm planning a trip to Beijing with my 2 friends this summer. None of us has been before, nor know anybody who could share their experience, so we are pretty clueless. We have narrowed our hotel choices down to 3, which all have high ratings and are reasonably-priced. But we don't really know which area we're looking for. Everything looks very central in the map, but it is very likely to be misleading.
Could anybody offer any advice on which area would be best for 3 20-year-olds on a relatively tight budget?

Thanks!
Attached files
byemilie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Attached files
peachyclean
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The one to the south of the Forbidden City I'd recommend, namely because during my stay in Beijing we were staying in the Red Wall hotel (near one of the pins) and it was very very far away from everything else. Although, saying that I'd also suggest staying somewhere relatively close to the subway, it's super easy to master and takes you EVERYWHERE in the city, so it's up to yourself whether you'd prefer to be closer to places but not to the subway, or close to the subway (y)

P.S: If you do plan on staying further out (like the Red Wall Hotel), do not expect to find taxis at night, at all.

P.P.S: The map is very deceiving, nothing is easy to walk to from any of the places you plan on staying - to get to the Forbidden City it'll take you a good half hour/45 mins.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (192)
18.64%
No (624)
60.58%
Not really bothered about them (214)
20.78%

Watched Threads