Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey.. dunno where to put this :confused:

I have jackets that are too baggy on me and want to shrink them in the wash.. how do i do this? i usually just put them on a normal wool wash, so how would you shrink them?

ReputationRep:
    Its very unpredictable trying to shrink clothes, sometimes it doesnt work!

Try washing it on a regular cycle on a hot wash, or tumble dry it on a high heat. Other than that, I dont know!

You could always take it to a sewing person/tailor and get it taken in? Probably wont cost that much to do!

ReputationRep:
    my mum always does it for me

you need to put them on a hot wash - just be carefull with that bit!!!

And then on a hot tumble dry, or a normal dry for longer. The drying is less risky than the washing as you can open the dryer at any point (or i can with my dryer anyway...) to check on the clothes progress.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried to shrink a cotton jacket but unsucessfully. Try a hot wash and then a trip to the tumble dryer, but I think this technique usually works with jumpers and T-shirts.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it like that if I were you - my mum always unintentionally shrinks my clothes and it looks awful it shrinks in some places and not others and urgh.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.