Turn on thread page Beta

Will an A instead of an A* in Core Science GCSE disallow me from doing medicine? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was doing my Core Science GCSE's last year and I've received 2 A's for physics and chemistry and 1 A* for biology, which averaged out to an A in Core Science.

Does this have any chance of disallowing me from doing medicine?

ReputationRep:
    No! Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    To follow the idea, I also have a criminal record for possession of an illegal substance. It's not too severe and my CRB should be cleared when I'm 18, but still, I'd love to know my chances. Besides that, I also had some health issues in the previous years at school and my attendance usually varied between 77-85%, which is below average. Would that have any impact on my application, even though I have a proof of a medical condition?

If I could still do medicine with those, then God bless me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it will stop you, as long as you continue to keep your grades high and do other things that will enhance your application.
    I'm not sure about the criminal record, but I doubt it will affect it too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how a university would get hold of your attendance record, so that shouldn't be an issue.

As long as nothing comes up on the CRB/DBS check, then I'd think that would be ok as well. Although I'm unsure as to when the uni would do the DBS check; as if you're still 17 when they do the check, you could have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    My birthday is in December, which is at the start of the school year, so I doubt that they'll view my dirty CRB. However, I have heard that the issue would still pop up on an enhanced one - does anybody know if that could be a problem?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 7, 2015

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.