Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am looking to study BSc (honours) in Psychology with counseling with the Open University. I would like to participate in a full time course.
    In my current situation I am unemployed and claiming job seekers allowance, I live with my partner and his parents.
    Ideally I would like to completely sign off job seekers and study the course full time.
    I have found out that a part- time tuition loan is available to me to cover the Open Uni course costs.
    The problem I am having is that participating in a full time course with the Open University I would no longer be eligible to sign on. (I would prefer to be a student rather than claim JSA, though I'd only want to be a student with the online Open University).
    I would like to know; is there any funding for living costs when studying with the Open University full time? Would I be able to claim a maintenance grant/loan or any other loan/funding? Am I entitled to any funding for living costs?

    Many thanks in advance!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

    All Open University courses are considered Part-Time and will attract a loan for tuition fees only.

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.