Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So Incubus are set to release new material over here in late November.
    Here's a little taster:
    http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/...ms=alt-incubus

And their new single (plus bad quality video) Anna Molly:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9mhZA_Q7Uqc

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the album?

Brandon Boyd is suddenly looking quite old. :eek:

I don't know whether I'm looking forward to the new album or not. Everybody said that their last album would be a return to their old sound and it blatantly wasn't and it was a huge disappointment. I'll give it a listen when it comes out but I'm not really expecting much from Incubus anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Brandon Boyd is suddenly looking quite old. :eek:
    Yeah, exactly what I thought!

Whoever said "A Crow Left of the Murder" was set to be a return to their old sound must be quite confused (to put it mildly lol) it was clearly a break from anything they had done before.

I hear elements of their old stuff in this new album - even if I am basing it on 30 second clips but then again others are criticising it for being too poppy.

I'm excited for this new album though.

ReputationRep:
    I am eagerly awaiting said new album. I did like the last album but didnt think it was as good as morning view, or make yourself. more of the same would be nice

I thought Make Yourself was where it all started to go wrong. Morning View was the real disaster, though.

ReputationRep:
    I secretly enjoyed morning view, you could see where it was all going...

crow left..we won't talk about it..I can't even say its full title..*spite*

ReputationRep:
    I like Crow Left of the Murder - Megalomaniac is a great song.

I like the way every single Incubus album sounds different and expect no less of this one. It'd be dull if they spent their time trying to make another S.C.I.E.N.C.E. (which personally I think is quite overrated)

ReputationRep:
    I like Follow.
    Mmmm Fusion.

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to see them in London on the 14th of November?

(Original post by bobbob)
    I like Crow Left of the Murder - Megalomaniac is a great song.
    Agreed. I thought the rest of the album was shockingly bad though. Apart from Here In My Room.

ReputationRep:
    I like the whole of it, despite seemingly being the only person in the entire world that enjoyed that album.

ReputationRep:
    I like the whole of it, despite seemingly being the only person in the entire world that enjoyed that album.
    I liked it all but it did take me a few listens.

Tag - :eek: I didn't know they were playing over here. I only saw that were doing a US tour. Some fan I am.

ReputationRep:
    One off gig at the Astoria. I think it might have already sold out, but not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, sold out in an hour.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I suppose it makes sense considering the Astoria is tiny, but apparently the tickets were quite expensive and Incubus' popularity is certainly waning.

ReputationRep:
    Incubus' popularity is certainly waning.

Youtube says otherwise:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDQxnbEyimg
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvla1vD9fTU
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0QBRguzc3o

:puke:

Yeuch.

ReputationRep:
    i fear the new stuff could be awful. They have been gradually losing their edge since S.C.I.E.N.C.E. It didnt notice too much on Make Yourself but its becoming more and more obvious.

(Original post by x.narb.x)
    Yep, sold out in an hour.
    Yeah... before I even knew they were playing. I'm not a fan of their newer stuff but I really, really, really want to see Incubus live before they split up. I've watched them live on TV so many times and they're always amazing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.