Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Next Saturday's Rugby League Challenge Cup Final at the Millennium Stadium is now sold out. It is the first time the final has sold out since 1997 with 73,000 tickets being sold. Last years final produced a crowd of just over 72,000 leaving around 800 spare seats.

This is now the second major Rugby League final to sell out in a year with last seasons Grand Final at Old Trafford being a lock out too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Next Saturday's Rugby League Challenge Cup Final at the Millennium Stadium is now sold out. It is the first time the final has sold out since 1997 with 73,000 tickets being sold. Last years final produced a crowd of just over 72,000 leaving around 800 spare seats.

This is now the second major Rugby League final to sell out in a year with last seasons Grand Final at Old Trafford being a lock out too!
    You going Mark?

Can't wait now, been looking forward to it for weeks. Saints are deserved favourites but they were two years ago as well. Something tells me the Wigan boys are going to put in a psecial performance for Gregory.

Also the figures show there are 15,000 fans from south Wales going. This heads well for the introduction of a Welsh Superleague club in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    You going Mark?

Can't wait now, been looking forward to it for weeks. Saints are deserved favourites but they were two years ago as well. Something tells me the Wigan boys are going to put in a psecial performance for Gregory.

Also the figures show there are 15,000 fans from south Wales going. This heads well for the introduction of a Welsh Superleague club in the future
    Firstly I live in Hull which means that it would be a nightmare to get to. Also I have exams about 10 days after and dont want to do anything to break up my revision programme as every time I go out and get pissed up I seem to not do any revision for 2 days!!!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I live in Hull which means that it would be a nightmare to get to. Also I have exams about 10 days after and dont want to do anything to break up my revision programme as every time I go out and get pissed up I seem to not do any revision for 2 days!!!
    Fair enough. I have relatives in Tenby so I'm going up on the friday night and taking the train to Cardiff in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    They are targeting 20,000 for the Hull V Leeds game. A tad ambitious I think but targets are there to aim for.

Last year they played Bradford and got around 20,000 (but who knows where the extra 5,000 would have gone if you follow my meaning).

The problem they have with the Leeds game is Friday night and Sky T.V.

Both teams seem to be going well so I think that 16-18K will be more like the figure.

ReputationRep:
    They are targeting 20,000 for the Hull V Leeds game. A tad ambitious I think but targets are there to aim for.

Last year they played Bradford and got around 20,000 (but who knows where the extra 5,000 would have gone if you follow my meaning).

The problem they have with the Leeds game is Friday night and Sky T.V.

Both teams seem to be going well so I think that 16-18K will be more like the figure.
    Agreed. I love the Friday Night games but they never seem to get the highest crowds unless they are really important games.

Good to see Huddersfield and Wakefield doing well this year, it adds an extra dimension to the league. Hopefully in a few years it will have the same unpredictability as the NRL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Agreed. I love the Friday Night games but they never seem to get the highest crowds unless they are really important games.

Good to see Huddersfield and Wakefield doing well this year, it adds an extra dimension to the league. Hopefully in a few years it will have the same unpredictability as the NRL.
    Huddersfield are going well but their crowds are atrociuous, they got under 5,000 against Wigan and 4,000 against Hull on Friday. Ok it was totally throwing it down with rain and it was live on Sky T.V. but when you think that 1500 away fans were there a home crowd of 2500 is appaling!

ReputationRep:
    Huddersfield are going well but their crowds are atrociuous, they got under 5,000 against Wigan and 4,000 against Hull on Friday. Ok it was totally throwing it down with rain and it was live on Sky T.V. but when you think that 1500 away fans were there a home crowd of 2500 is appaling!
    Indeed. The town in general hasn't been supporting its teams though. I would expect the giants attendances to rise if they keep playing well, it is a great little stadium.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.