Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Go You!!!

ReputationRep:
    Alright everyone calm down. Lets not get rude or violent, we havent passed the watershed, lol.

Anyway, I think it is great that someone can speak out their problems and ask for help. I think that it is mighty generous that everyone can offer their own views on the topic in question.

I got to say I disagree with taz's approach. This guy came on asking whether his choice was right not to be verbally slaughtered. I think that stating emotional problems are for the weak is totally immature. You are either someone who has not had a gf or you have had bad past experiences.
    If I was to ask you how to define emotional problems, you would probably not be able to answer and you would whiz around the internet trying to find an intelligent answer. But on the other hand I think that its nice taz that you have been able to generate your own opinion on the topic, and it has probably made a few of us think about it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I find this rather messy overall. Why didn't you just have a clean break or simply stay together not agree to be separate until the holidays, i can't see how it can work like that.

People change while at uni what you have to understand is once you have a break you are free to see other people.

You agreed to break up with her so she is free to see whoever she wants, if you stayed together you would have had a right to be upset, sorry to sound harsh but you don't have a leg to stand on

ReputationRep:
    I think that what you have done is right, me and my ex were best friends before we got together and now we can't talk to eachother at all (and it was over a year ago!). I know that's a very long "cooling off period" but it's going to take time before you both know how to act around eachother.

I think she was being a bit mean saying "I think I'm going to get with this guy". Like she hasn't made up her mind which one of you she wants. She could have told you once she had made her decision, instead of keeping you hanging on!

ReputationRep:
    Calm down, she might just want a farewell ****. If you're too emotional for that then fair enough but you must have known you'd meet other people.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well i wouldn't bother with farewell sex, no point, it only make's things worse, although i sounded harsh i say you are doing the right thing by not letting her coming to see you.

(Original post by Carl1982)
    People change while at uni what you have to understand is once you have a break you are free to see other people.
    We are both 2nd years, so theres not the whole suddenly changing when going to uni thing.

We wernt on a break, can i just make that clear. We were together and so agreed we like wouldnt go dancing with other people in clubs etc.

I dont think she had made up her mind, but i dont want to be kept waiting while a girl decides if im better or worse then someone else, if im going to be with a girl i want her to want me, not be unsure. Hence why i told her not to bother comming to visit this weekend.

Thanks for all the replies, i am pretty sure i made the right choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We are both 2nd years, so theres not the whole suddenly changing when going to uni thing.

We wernt on a break, can i just make that clear. We were together and so agreed we like wouldnt go dancing with other people in clubs etc.

I dont think she had made up her mind, but i dont want to be kept waiting while a girl decides if im better or worse then someone else, if im going to be with a girl i want her to want me, not be unsure. Hence why i told her not to bother comming to visit this weekend.

You made the right choice. Why bother with someone if they don't want to or are unsure they want to be with you? It wastes your time and you end up getting hurt in the process. You might be able to sort this out but personally I wouldn't bother with her. I can understand why you are hurt.

I've had a similar situation in a way. My ex met some slut on an adult website and was planning to cheat on me (have sex) with her while I was under the impression we were together. Luckily I left him before it happened. It really hurt me and the fact he couldn't see what the problem was hurt me even more. I've had to cut contact with him and everything and I'm not bothering with him again. Its hard but time heals.

thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Now i can understand why you are hurt, she don't deserve you, plenty of girls who will appreciate you more.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.