Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sam: Check your emails!

And yes, meet-up early next term sounds good. Say end of 1st or sometime in 2nd week?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me! Anyone know what's oging on for May Eve this year? I haven't heard anything mentioned yet.

ReputationRep:
    yeah end of 1st/ start of 2nd will be good for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Sam: Check your emails!
    :eek: OMG! *salivates*

(Note to everyone else: to understand what we're talking about, join AIESEC. Not many things surprise me anymore. AIESEC still manages it.)

End of 1st week probably better for me. And chocolatecheese, if we organise it, you have to come this time- no more forgetting us in favour of other activities! :p:

ReputationRep:
    *wants salivation inducing emails*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    *wants salivation inducing emails*
    From me?

ReputationRep:
    I left myself rather open with that one, didn't i? Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    :eek: OMG! *salivates*

(Note to everyone else: to understand what we're talking about, join AIESEC. Not many things surprise me anymore. AIESEC still manages it.)

End of 1st week probably better for me. And chocolatecheese, if we organise it, you have to come this time- no more forgetting us in favour of other activities! :p:

didn't forget you- in fact, i bumped into you, remember?
    and, my excuse was a VERY good one...seeing as the person i was with also used TSR :rolleyes: so really it was like i was on a TSR meet

but that activity wont be happening this term...so i am deffo coming (ok, ok, unless some major important, unforeseen event turns up!)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, end of first week seems to be the consensus? Say Friday? Or is Thursday or Saturday better?

ReputationRep:
    Have all you guys (well not you finalists!) had your forms from the Student Finance people yet? Some of my friends have had their renewal forms, but I haven't got mine yet and just wondering if it depends on where abouts in the country you live or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatecheese)
    didn't forget you- in fact, i bumped into you, remember?
    Yes, you did bump into me- but I didn't know who you were and wasn't really paying attention (nothing personal, I have the concentration span of a... ooh, look at the pretty butterfly... :p: ) so I wouldn't recognise you on the streets of Oxford (incidentally, if you do see me, feel free to say hello!)

(Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Have all you guys (well not you finalists!) had your forms from the Student Finance people yet? Some of my friends have had their renewal forms, but I haven't got mine yet and just wondering if it depends on where abouts in the country you live or not?
    I've got some notice from the Student Loan Company, but I'm putting it off, mainly because the thought of all those forms from last year terrify me still. And I'm *good* at form-filling!

ReputationRep:
    They come from your LEA, so would presumably be region dependant- also, depending on which box you ticked, they may well have sent it to you at college. I haven't got mine yet, either, so i wouldn't worry just yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Yes, you did bump into me- but I didn't know who you were and wasn't really paying attention (nothing personal, I have the concentration span of a... ooh, look at the pretty butterfly... :p: ) so I wouldn't recognise you on the streets of Oxford (incidentally, if you do see me, feel free to say hello!)

I've got some notice from the Student Loan Company, but I'm putting it off, mainly because the thought of all those forms from last year terrify me still. And I'm *good* at form-filling!

hehe well i have seen you around town quite a bit, and i saw you in Teddy Hall (i have my tutes there)...but didnt want to freak you out by just going up to you randomly :p:
    but hey, i will now!

Hoofbeat- i got mine the other day... i guess it depends where you live?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed that the Oxford forum seems to be becoming the "E&M forum" - we have 4E&M threads next to each other on the front page! Why can't the applicants post in one thread?!?!?!

Sorry, I'm just grumpy - have been revising all day!

ReputationRep:
    Have just reported the posts to ask if we can merge them into one E&M thread

ReputationRep:
    I just wanna go home. Last exam (and huge piss-up) tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Thank god I didn't end up at Keble then! I'd hate it! Working so intensely isn't good for you (okies, admitedly you're only doing it for a few days) and its the last thing I want to do at the end of term - I like to chill at the beginning of the hols after a hectic term. Besides, I would just make a fool of myself as it takes me ages to grasp concepts and I never really understand anything untilt he end of the hols!
    Well I survived. It wasn't that bad in the end. It was a good laugh with the other guys and the tutorials weren't such long hours. They were generally like 9.30-12.30 and 2.30-6 or something like that, and we had access to a pool everyday too . We also got plied with wine and desserts and drinks that the tutors bought us, and even got treated to a meal. There are some perks you see, and it really was helpful. We basically just blitzed the year in 3 days, just summarising everything really and creating a starting point for revision. I have though developed a cough

ReputationRep:
    thought i'd jump in on this thread! i'm at home nopw, bored, n missing oxford after a full 48 hours away. think i'm coming back sun-tues so i'll survive. end of 1st is no good for me (varsity pool) so u guys enjoy yourself!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I get home... and my parents are stressing about work and money and the fact that I've only just got home and have to go to Oxford and Reading tomorrow and Sunday. I TOLD them this, they know I can't help it and there's nothing to be done, and yet they're still stressing. I DO NOT understand people who shout and rant about TRIVIAL things they can't change. I might go and bury my head in my quilt and scream, but I don't take it out on other people! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Returning to Oxford tonight!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.