Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hehe, I have a list as well. I've forgotten my laundry card, which is a big pain. I could just get a new one, but that'll cost me £10, and I won't make an effort to find the old one. I swear I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my neck.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh... I'm procrastinating! Dreaming about Oxford life when I should be revising physics.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If it helps, it's grey and rainy here, a bit muggy, and I'm sitting in front of my computer failing to do physiology notes while listening to the builders trying to reroof our hall. I can think of better thinsg to daydream about :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    If it helps, it's grey and rainy here, a bit muggy, and I'm sitting in front of my computer failing to do physiology notes while listening to the builders trying to reroof our hall. I can think of better thinsg to daydream about :p:
    Hehe... sounds lovely! If I were in Oxford, I'd take a walk down by the playing fields about now. Fresh air!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Hehe... sounds lovely! If I were in Oxford, I'd take a walk down by the playing fields about now. Fresh air!
    Ick, not while it's raining. Walking to the Physics department in the rain this morning was enough for me - and that only took me a couple of minutes.

However, I may have to venture outside in the rain again anyways, as I need to pay my battels before tomorrow and I'm bored of revising Lasers :yawns:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Ick, not while it's raining. Walking to the Physics department in the rain this morning was enough for me - and that only took me a couple of minutes.

However, I may have to venture outside in the rain again anyways, as I need to pay my battels before tomorrow and I'm bored of revising Lasers :yawns:
    They do have umbrellas in Oxford though, right? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    They do have umbrellas in Oxford though, right? :p:
    hehe yeah, but I'm not very experienced at cycling while carrying an umbrella, so am going to get wet popping into college!

I'm just using the rain as an excuse as to why I'm not concentrating on my revision really! I do generally find I revise better when it's sunny because a) I'm more cheerful when it's sunny and therefore more motivated and b) I can sit in the parks revising!

Anyways, must revise now before lunch!

ReputationRep:

I forgot my waterproof! And my duvet, and my laundry basket, and about a million other things. I managed to leave two pairs of shoes in my room over the vac as well, the decoraters put them in the chest of drawers

Basically, I worry about me too.
    Given the amount I forgot to take back with me over the vac, Im hardly one to talk - though its better that way round as I can borrow stuff off the family or have stuff already at home.

And as I've said many times... don't panic, stay cool and above all don't lose your head. It makes simple things like eating and seeing difficult.

Edders --> um-ber-ella? :confused: :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Edders --> um-ber-ella? :confused: :wtf?:
    Ya, it took me a while to figure it out too. But in London during the winter... indispensible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Given the amount I forgot to take back with me over the vac, Im hardly one to talk - though its better that way round as I can borrow stuff off the family or have stuff already at home.
    I'd love to have that problem. It sucks that we have to vacate our rooms completely.
    Everytime Ii talk about this at 'home' I only get blank stares :eek: ...not a common thing on the continent but well, I'd be willing to vacate my room every 4 weeks if that meant I didn't have to study there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by °lemontree°)
    I'd love to have that problem. It sucks that we have to vacate our rooms completely.
    Everytime Ii talk about this at 'home' I only get blank stares :eek: ...not a common thing on the continent but well, I'd be willing to vacate my room every 4 weeks if that meant I didn't have to study there
    mwahaha! remember I did live with that for 2 years, but the joy of arco you see . Mind you we do have to pay for the accommodation over vacations as well.

ReputationRep:
    i've just spilt my iced tea on the floor. :cries:
    I've decided i can't afford tropicana anymore, or even that i could in the first place, frankly, and have moved onto drinking iced tea instead, which is much cheaper (i got interesting tea leaves from the bargain bin in whittards- jasmine and moroccan mint for a pound each), although sadly takes about a day to chill in my fridge. You can imagine my sorrow to have split it then.

Also, my technical erg tonight has apparently turned into a 2K. I dunno what to do - i haven't been in training since halfway through hilary, and i wasn't exactly fit then, either. :cries some more:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You chose to row :p:

I discovered yesterday that the ice box in the fridge in the kitchen on my staircase actually makes ice. Unlike the ice box in my mini-fridge, which is exactly the same temperature as the rest of the fridge (and therefore not an ice box!)

ReputationRep:
    You chose to row :p:

I discovered yesterday that the ice box in the fridge in the kitchen on my staircase actually makes ice. Unlike the ice box in my mini-fridge, which is exactly the same temperature as the rest of the fridge (and therefore not an ice box!)
    depends on the pressure of said icebox relative to the fridge itself[/geek]
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well evidently the pressure isn't what it should be :p:

Might that explain why my fridge, when on the same setting, does different temperatures depending on how full it is?

ReputationRep:

Might that explain why my fridge, when on the same setting, does different temperatures depending on how full it is?
    Sounds more like a broken fridge to me! :p:

ReputationRep:

no, thats not what i meant. Fridges don't work on pressure differences, well... I guess they kind of do but not in the way that I meant. If you have a pressurised vessel, then things in it will freeze at a higher temperature. Similarly, at higher altitudes things boil at a lower temperature (the molecules are further apart). my point is they could be at the same temperature, but if the pressures are different one may freeze and the other wouldnt.

And no, thats a different effect. That's more to the fact you've got a greater mass in it. If you boil water it takes longer the more you have. It's the same principle here. Eventually if you kept the door shut long enough and left the food in there for ages it would stabilise and go back to what it was before.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What are people's thoughts on a meet up in 2nd week? I can do Monday anytime, and later on a Wednesday or Thurday. We could go for the same plan as usual, or break with the habit of a lifetime...

ReputationRep:
    What are people's thoughts on a meet up in 2nd week? I can do Monday anytime, and later on a Wednesday or Thurday. We could go for the same plan as usual, or break with the habit of a lifetime...
    Please don't make it monday, I think I might die if it was (lecture 9-10, labs 10-5, tutorial 5-7+). Wednesday or Thursday is fine though.

ReputationRep:
    I have liquid chocolate

Although anyone up for a meet-up on Sat, when Helen's here? Was thinking after dinner for happy hour half-price cocktails at the Duke of Cambridge (until 7:30) then head down to Baby Love who do half-price cocktails 8-10pm Never let it be said I don't know where to get nice drinks cheaply :p:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.