Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Well I thought it might be for a ball, but was also suprised that some of the marquees went up on Wednesday (a bit early!!!) - seemed like a waste of money to pay to have them put up several days in advance and it'll damage the grass (I just remember how upset our college gardner got when the marquees were there for just 24hours at Lincoln!
    Yeah, it is for the ball... don't ask me why they put them up so early, given how much they obsess over their grass. Mind you, it's taken them a couple of days to actually finish erecting them and I'm not sure they've actually finished yet! They're not on our main quad though, so maybe they aren't so bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Am very much looking forward to Marc's concert tonight, especially after the reviews I'm read on here At the moment I am calculating bond lengths for a complex structure...need a break!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingqueen)
    Am very much looking forward to Marc's concert tonight, especially after the reviews I'm read on here At the moment I am calculating bond lengths for a complex structure...need a break!
    See a preview of tonight if you like here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9iWTaXtVk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    BTW Chloe, were you at Marc's concert last night? I didn't see you, although Simon was around. If you weren't, make sure you're there tonight- it was truly awesome! The man is a legend...
    Don't worry I've got tickets for tonight! Simon will be there again tonight as he's doing sound for the concert. Am very much looking forward to it - I know it'll be incredible!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so annoyed at not being able to go to either night! Will just have to wait for him to hit the big-time and get freebies for old friends...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cor)
    gah. I'm so sick of the stick the Union gets.
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    i think OUSU gets more stick, esp. recently (although that seems pretty deserved, to be frank).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It would seem for me that Oriel formal = drunkeness. I've had four glasses of white wine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    It would seem for me that Oriel formal = drunkeness. I've had four glasses of white wine...
    crikey, you boozer! Are you umm... ok? The floor is below the ceiling? Just don't make the mistakes I did :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    crikey, you boozer! Are you umm... ok? The floor is below the ceiling? Just don't make the mistakes I did :p:
    Thank you, I have no black spots from last night, and I went to bed sober, if somewhat ill-feeling :p:

ReputationRep:
    Arghh really not concentrating on my work at all this morning! It's Badminton Horse Trials this weekend (like the BIGGEST eventing competition in the world excluding Olympics/World Champs) and the BBC are for once covering pretty much all of the xc live on BBC2...I can't really afford the afternoon off to watch the whole thing, but I'm so very tempted as all I'm doing at the moment is pressing "refresh" on the Badminton website so I can see the results! Arghh why do I have to chose between work and horses!!!

ReputationRep:
    Arghh really not concentrating on my work at all this morning! It's Badminton Horse Trials this weekend (like the BIGGEST eventing competition in the world excluding Olympics/World Champs) and the BBC are for once covering pretty much all of the xc live on BBC2...I can't really afford the afternoon off to watch the whole thing, but I'm so very tempted as all I'm doing at the moment is pressing "refresh" on the Badminton website so I can see the results! Arghh why do I have to chose between work and horses!!!
    :eek: I'd forgotten that was this weekend! Argh, I wish you hadn't reminded me... might have to watch it now! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    :eek: I'd forgotten that was this weekend! Argh, I wish you hadn't reminded me... might have to watch it now! :p:
    Hehe, sorry! A friend of mine is there (and was there yesterday to see the dressage), I'm so incredibly jealous of him!!! Anyways, if you're interested there are highlights of the XC and a bit of live showjumping (probably last 5 or so riders) on BBC2 tomorrow at 2pm-3pm, if you can't afford to watch the xc live today on BBC2. Otherwise, there's always http://www.badminton-horse.co.uk/ who's live-results page I keep refreshing! Not really sure who I want to win any more considering loads of the good Brits have dropped out because of the ground. I'm thinking my money's on Ruth Edge and Two Thyme, although Lucinda Fredericks & Headley Britannia will be certainly one to watch (though considering that little mare likes to gallop hard and fast, she may be a bit sore tomorrow morning what with the rock solid ground).

Right, must do 30mins productive work and then I'll allow myself to watch one hour of the xc while I have lunch!

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching now. There are some very odd combinations out today - have they had the jump over the back of the car/vans before? I do'nt remember seeing that...

Bah. I haven't done an event in 18 months. I'm so incredibly jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I'm watching now. There are some very odd combinations out today - have they had the jump over the back of the car/vans before? I do'nt remember seeing that...
    You mean the pick-up trucks after the lake? Yeah they're always there - they're usually always the fence after or before the lake, although many years ago (2001 I think?) they had them as the 2nd fence on the course.

Bah. I haven't done an event in 18 months. I'm so incredibly jealous.
    Wow, there are more riders on here than I realised. You're brave to do eventing - did it when I was young and gung-ho, but now I'm too worried about rotational falls (or my horse being injured), especially after all the recent eventing fatalities. So I'm sticking with the dressage and showjumping.

Are you doing riding cuppers this Wed? I did it last year and it was goood fun (though the dressage horse I had was a bit of a nightmare, the showjumper who was an absolute nutty fiesty mare reminded me of my own horse so that was fine!). Unfortunately, I can't do it because I have a class I can't rearrange, but we have one lincolnite competing in the individual section.

ReputationRep:
    You mean the pick-up trucks after the lake? Yeah they're always there - they're usually always the fence after or before the lake, although many years ago (2001 I think?) they had them as the 2nd fence on the course.
    Really? I'm even less observant than I thought. I must have just forgotten them, I've watched every year for ages. :s: How odd.
    I'll have to go in person one year.

Wow, there are more riders on here than I realised. You're brave to do eventing - did it when I was young and gung-ho, but now I'm too worried about rotational falls (or my horse being injured), especially after all the recent eventing fatalities. So I'm sticking with the dressage and showjumping.

Are you doing riding cuppers this Wed? I did it last year and it was goood fun (though the dressage horse I had was a bit of a nightmare, the showjumper who was an absolute nutty fiesty mare reminded me of my own horse so that was fine!). Unfortunately, I can't do it because I have a class I can't rearrange, but we have one lincolnite competing in the individual section.
    I love eventing! Just one day events, and only small competitions, more or less just between my friends. I don't have my own horse, so I'm very limited as to what I can actually do. And I knackered my ankle about 4 years ago now, and since then I've had to be a bit more careful about what I do. It's fine most of the time, but if I ride too much without warming it up, then it goes into some weird spasm thing. Not nice. Last time it happened I was out on the beach with a friend, and I had to get off and limp back, because the horses were too excitable and I was basically only able to use one leg. My back's a bit dodgy, too, from a fall I had. The horse I was riding clipped the jump and landed awkwardly, and I went out the side door, and ended up underneath him. He stood on my stomach and clipped my chin, but that wasn't too bad. The real problem was that I wasn't wearing a back protector that day, and I did something to it. I won't ride without mine, now, not even little hacks with friends.

I'm not riding in cuppers, no. I'm too out of practise, to be honest, and I really don't like the ORS. The last time I went I was put on a horse that was way too big for me. I've got relatively short legs for my height, so I need something that I can control. I was just bouncing around atop this beast, and couldn't do a lot. I had to twist the stirrups, for goodness' sake! I hadn't had to do that since I was about 8. :p: Bah. I hate being short, heh.

I think a couple of people I know are doing it, though. I might go and watch them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    i think OUSU gets more stick, esp. recently (although that seems pretty deserved, to be frank).
    Hah. OUSU has never really gotten stick until now (except by student press), and even now OUSU is stick is confined to those who care (very few) and student jouranlism.

Have you ever been to a meeting? As it is just an extension of OULC running it, and with some of the most inane debate ever - I mean, three hours of debating to have a referendum or not! God sake! But yeah, you're right alot of it is deserved.

Am just mainly sick atm of Union being deemed elitist (which isn't true with access scheme membership, and it isn't even expensive anyway), and people involved being deemed false and called hacks (I mean, how else to people expect democratic elections to work!). *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Depends. Did you witness a few shoe-drinkings? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cor)
    Depends. Did you witness a few shoe-drinkings? :p:
    Nope, but the Entz rep Johannes was pouring the SCR bin-ends again, and I got cornered by the infamous Constar (sp?), and heard his scary opinions on various things.

ReputationRep:
    It strikes me as weird that because i'm not here at the moment nobody on TSR knows what is happening in my life... oddness

Well in case anybody is interested I have BED BUGS :eek: Or so the doctor things. The evil kaneevle that has been nibbling me all term turned nasty and gave me a shoulder the size of a men's open weight rower And paralysing (literally!) cramp through the whole body!! So I went to the doctor just in case I had blood poisoning or some scary shti who reliably informed me that if changing my sheets didnt get rid of the bugger then it's probably in the mattress and i need to go ask the bursary for a new one. I'm meant to be sleeping on the sofa til then it case it gets me again but then I ache

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.