Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    It strikes me as weird that because i'm not here at the moment nobody on TSR knows what is happening in my life... oddness

Well in case anybody is interested I have BED BUGS :eek: Or so the doctor things. The evil kaneevle that has been nibbling me all term turned nasty and gave me a shoulder the size of a men's open weight rower And paralysing (literally!) cramp through the whole body!! So I went to the doctor just in case I had blood poisoning or some scary shti who reliably informed me that if changing my sheets didnt get rid of the bugger then it's probably in the mattress and i need to go ask the bursary for a new one. I'm meant to be sleeping on the sofa til then it case it gets me again but then I ache
    bed bugs! :eek: Yikes! sounds horrible I didnt think they really existed anymore

ReputationRep:
    It strikes me as weird that because i'm not here at the moment nobody on TSR knows what is happening in my life... oddness

Well in case anybody is interested I have BED BUGS :eek: Or so the doctor things. The evil kaneevle that has been nibbling me all term turned nasty and gave me a shoulder the size of a men's open weight rower And paralysing (literally!) cramp through the whole body!! So I went to the doctor just in case I had blood poisoning or some scary shti who reliably informed me that if changing my sheets didnt get rid of the bugger then it's probably in the mattress and i need to go ask the bursary for a new one. I'm meant to be sleeping on the sofa til then it case it gets me again but then I ache
    Goodness. And I thought moths were bad... Oxford seems to be full of pestilent creatures that nobody in the real world will believe still exist
    The very thought of it makes me itch

(Original post by The Strangest Quark)
    Oxford seems to be full of pestilent creatures that nobody in the real world will believe still exist
    Are we still talking about the Union?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Lucinda Fredericks & Headley Britannia will be certainly one to watch (though considering that little mare likes to gallop hard and fast, she may be a bit sore tomorrow morning what with the rock solid ground).
    Hehe they just won!

ReputationRep:
    Good to know I'm remembered :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Good to know I'm remembered :p:
    Actually, Facebook news feed and the power of wall-to-wall told me some of the story :p:

Wadstock ROCKED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

Actually, Facebook news feed and the power of wall-to-wall told me some of the story :p:

Wadstock ROCKED
    I got to backing sing at Wadstock for one song!! The honour of being the only non-Wadham member of 6 while 7...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingqueen)
    I got to backing sing at Wadstock for one song!! The honour of being the only non-Wadham member of 6 while 7...
    Oh, my friend Charlie is in that choir and I guess it was the same song she sang in!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dancingqueen)
    Ah, you must know Beth then! *facebook stalks*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    Oh, my friend Charlie is in that choir and I guess it was the same song she sang in!
    Yep she's in the same part as me.

ReputationRep:

Ah, you must know Beth then! *facebook stalks*
    I do indeed! I'm probably fairly easy to facebook stalk
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hmm, I need to draft an SU (JCR) motion because I want money for my trampolining course, but I'm scared and don't know what to write :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I had a fairly good days work and still missed the target that I was aiming for. I'm so going to fail this mock I have on tuesday :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I need to draft an SU (JCR) motion because I want money for my trampolining course, but I'm scared and don't know what to write :afraid:
    Just copy a past one and change the words to trampolining, noone actually reads them that carefully, and I've yet to see someone ask for money and not get it. On that topic, wasnt tonights meeting hell, it lasted TWO HOURS!! At least we got to see the **** new front quad proposals. If they go through with them there'll be a lot of unhappy people, the're so bad..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Popa Dom)
    Just copy a past one and change the words to trampolining, noone actually reads them that carefully, and I've yet to see someone ask for money and not get it. On that topic, wasnt tonights meeting hell, it lasted TWO HOURS!! At least we got to see the **** new front quad proposals. If they go through with them there'll be a lot of unhappy people, the're so bad..
    I will, just not the one put forward by the MuJewz (or whatever it was called) dude :p:

Why do you think I disappeared halfway through? I went back to my room, changed, cooked, ate and still only missed about one motion!

They need to kick Merton and Balliol out of Holywell Street and Jowett Walk rather than messing up the Front Quad.

ReputationRep:
    Why, what's whoever planning to do with Wadham?

ReputationRep:
    Well they're thinking of making new housing somewhere on site (who knows where, I proposed teh wardens garden in the survey), but thats not what they were talking about today. Apparently they want to revamp half of front quad (st. 4,5,6,7)to have en-suites, presumably cos they're losing out on the conference corcuit without them. But having looked at the architects drawings, they're thinking of cutting a lot of the double rooms into 2 single rooms, with our current mini-bedroom things being turned into the ensuites. Would completely destroy the atmosphere of front quad, and lets face it, as a wise frenchman once said "why would I pay more to sleep where I ****?"

ReputationRep:
    i just thought i'd pop in and say hello. I can't believe the chat thread is still going!

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a different chat. Still, my hello stands.

ReputationRep:
    i imagine many people would prefer a single ensuite room to a set anyway- while you seem to get on fine with your roommate, i imagine it could easily have turned out really awkward if you got paired with someone with completely different tastes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    i imagine many people would prefer a single ensuite room to a set anyway- while you seem to get on fine with your roommate, i imagine it could easily have turned out really awkward if you got paired with someone with completely different tastes.
    I imagine its one of the appeals of Wadham for those that do want that kind of thing though.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.