Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Yeah I watched it Sam - thank god Ukraine didn't win was all I could say! At least the group from Serbia that won had reasonable voices!
    Haha, I was watching it with 2 of my friends who are gay, and they kept cheering for Ukraine- we hadn't seen any of the songs, but apparently gay men like transvestites (which the Ukrainians looked like), but really don't like lesbians (which the Serbians looked like). Or so they tell me.

The rain is indeed relentlessly crap.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just see who might be interested in a TSR formal at Teddy Hall in 7th or 8th week? I think 8th would clash less with exams and stuff. Might be a fun way to chill out when the revision gets going tough for the beginning of 9th week! *scared*

ReputationRep:
    Grrrr rain!! I realised at 12:38 that I had a singing lesson at 12:45 - cycling fast makes the rain worse!!! Everyone stop being mean to Serbia - I voted for Serbia - although check out the Russian girls in stockings

I'm game for formal but only if it's in 8th week - i'll be Oriel garden show-ing in 7th
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Can I just see who might be interested in a TSR formal at Teddy Hall in 7th or 8th week? I think 8th would clash less with exams and stuff. Might be a fun way to chill out when the revision gets going tough for the beginning of 9th week! *scared*
    8th week is OK for me too - I'll need to get out of my room/the library by then lol!

I'm in the semi-finals of water polo Cuppers - with Lincoln/Linacre

ReputationRep:
    8th is very bad for me, I have exams then, so I'm afraid I'm out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

I'm in the semi-finals of water polo Cuppers - with Lincoln/Linacre
    :eek: There's Waterpolo cuppers?! How the hell did I not know about this?! Who/what/when/where? Has Teddy Hall fielded a team?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I wish the UK entry had got no points, it was absolute trash and a total embarrassment, never seen anything so tacky and cringe-worthy.
    "Would you like something to suck on?" Oh, and they had trolleys and everything- it was just fabulous. Malta at least had a sense of humour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    "Would you like something to suck on?" Oh, and they had trolleys and everything- it was just fabulous. Malta at least had a sense of humour...
    yes of course, it was sense of humour and political ties had nothing to do with it whatsoever :p: :angel:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    :eek: There's Waterpolo cuppers?! How the hell did I not know about this?! Who/what/when/where? Has Teddy Hall fielded a team?
    Teddy Hall did have a team, but it was disqualified for only having two Teddy Hall members - the rest were really good swimmers/water polo players from other colleges.

Lincoln/Linacre came third.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If I can just motivate myself to finish this demography essay tonight, I won't need to cycle round to Somerville with it tomorrow evening, I can just hand it to the tutor when he does his lecture tomorrow.

But listening to other people's iTunes is just so much more fun...

ReputationRep:
    Essay number one down, practicals one and two almost down, essay number two not happening because neither of my reserved books could be picked up. You have no idea how infuriating it is to watch the libarian repeatedly look at two copies of this book that you've reserved, neither of which is technically yours but neither of which anybody else is going to take out because they're overnight only but she still won't give them to you grrrr. I've lost the reading list for number three and number four makes nooooooooo sense to me whatsoever. Goooood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_A)
    It's been a TSR-filled past two days.
    Saw cor when leaving Pressie Drinks (a little worse for wear, he looked terrified :p:) and then again today in town.
    And about 5 mins later was stood at a cash machine chatting to a friend whilst she got out money, realising only when the guy in front left that it was Sam! And saw mellow-yellow about a million times (but I don't think that counts :p:).
    No talk of Prelims. I can't think about it.
    Oh RIGHT that was you. No wonder I was soooo confused!

And yeah thomas, I was throughly depressed on the river that day, the people in the boat on that day seemed unable to grasp the concept of balance! Thank god I was a sub!

ReputationRep:
    which crew are you normally in then cor? and which crew were you racing with?

ReputationRep:
    Grrr why won't it bloody well stop raining! I left the RSL (and subsequently will have lost my seat down there!) so that I could go for a run and it's bloody pissing it down! Since, I don't have time to dry my hair when I get back as need to go straight to first hall, then I can't go running if it's raining! GRRRRRR
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I need to write an essay by midday tomorrow so I can pitch to Deloitte for a £3000 sponsorship deal that would totally revolutionise the trampolining club, and then do a demography tute. I haven't started the reading yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Grrr why won't it bloody well stop raining! I left the RSL (and subsequently will have lost my seat down there!)...
    We got an email about RSL renovations & seating issues (erm, real medicine now, people... no need for us to go there! :p: ) is it that bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    We got an email about RSL renovations & seating issues (erm, real medicine now, people... no need for us to go there! :p: ) is it that bad?
    I got that email too and was quite surprised as when I went there last year, even really close to exams, there was hardly anyone, especially in the downstairs dungeon they like to call a 'reading room'.

(Original post by dancingqueen)
    I got that email too and was quite surprised as when I went there last year, even really close to exams, there was hardly anyone, especially in the downstairs dungeon they like to call a 'reading room'.
    There were actually loads of people down in the dungeon last year. But that's when they had twice as many desks, so it didn't look full and you could always find a desk (maybe 1/3 of them were free).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Last year, some very wise person (probably Stu, Will, Elles or Feef) said a point would come when we (the first years) just couldn't keep on putting 100% into all our essays, and would just get them done regardless of how crap they were.

I really, really know what they mean tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Last year, some very wise person (probably Stu, Will, Elles or Feef) said a point would come when we (the first years) just couldn't keep on putting 100% into all our essays, and would just get them done regardless of how crap they were.

I really, really know what they mean tonight
    it wasn't me, why would I talk about essays :p:. It's a good point though, whoever it was. One thing I do often say and is ringing true for me is the danger of burning oneself out by working too hard before/at the start of trinity. For whatever reason I can't find motivation to revise at the moment - this is bad.

keep slogging in there

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.