Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    Who were you going to trash?
    If it was the police who fined you, i suspect they'd have a hard time trying to prove that you intended on committing a crime with it, if you wanted to chock up some legal experience. Would look great on your cv when applying to law firms- sucessfully defended myself when charged with trying to cover someone in vinegar (or maybe not...)
    I heard someone got fined £80 today for a similar thing but then paid it in order to be allowed to throw it anyway! So now it seems you are allowed to trash people but have to pay £80 for the privilege of doing so!

Proctors. There's an obvious difference, in that whereas the police are perfectly entitled to fine you for throwing vinegar, the University of Oxford is the only institution in the world stupid enough to fine you for possessing it.

EDIT
    Who were you going to trash?
    Shane, of course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Proctors. There's an obvious difference, in that whereas the police are perfectly entitled to fine you for throwing vinegar, the University of Oxford is the only institution in the world stupid enough to fine you for possessing it.

EDIT

Shane, of course...
    there's a joke about having had your chips in their somewhere. I'll leave you to extract it.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT

Shane, of course...
    As was half of Lincoln apparantly!

ReputationRep:
    Stood around with vinegar.

Does anyone know where I can get 80 £1 coins?
    So, is this just an oxford thing? I just don't get the vinegar thing, unless it's to wilt the carnations... what crime did they think you were intending to do??

ReputationRep:
    Throw it over somebody....

ReputationRep:
    OMG I love Univ. Schools dinner, with decent wine, decent port, sauternes, God, I can barely type. I need cuddles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    OMG I love Univ. Schools dinner, with decent wine, decent port, sauternes, God, I can barely type. I need cuddles
    bit early for schools dinner to have finished isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Helen still around to provide that kind of thing?

ReputationRep:
    I finished my ****ing finals! WOOT!

So why is it that my body still wants to wake me up at 8:30am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    bit early for schools dinner to have finished isn't it?
    Nope, you can only drag on dinner for so long, and I felt 4 hours was about long enough. Besides, I couldn't drink any more port or Sauternes, as there's a limit even to my capacity for sweetness, so I felt it best to get home, sleep and get over to Helen's

(Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Isn't Helen still around to provide that kind of thing?
    Nope, she left yesterday morning to get back to hospital. I'm going to Cambridge now

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you can only drag on dinner for so long, and I felt 4 hours was about long enough.
    Rubbish! we were up until about 4am in the SCR knocking back the whisky last year!
    Besides, I couldn't drink any more port or Sauternes, as there's a limit even to my capacity for sweetness, so I felt it best to get home, sleep and get over to Helen's
    So the truth comes out!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you can only drag on dinner for so long, and I felt 4 hours was about long enough. Besides, I couldn't drink any more port or Sauternes, as there's a limit even to my capacity for sweetness, so I felt it best to get home, sleep and get over to Helen's

Nope, she left yesterday morning to get back to hospital. I'm going to Cambridge now
    have fun, maybe go show them how to do trashing properly :p:

ReputationRep:
    I liked my trashing. I was given balloons, champagne and Ben's Cookies, and left perfectly tidily. And, er, went and got pissed. But my clothes were left wearable, so I was happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I liked my trashing. I was given balloons, champagne and Ben's Cookies, and left perfectly tidily. And, er, went and got pissed. But my clothes were left wearable, so I was happy.
    you got trashed? but it was only mods, I thought it was supposed to be at the end of your degree?

ReputationRep:
    you got trashed? but it was only mods, I thought it was supposed to be at the end of your degree?
    Most of the other Classicists did, and my friends were nice and didn't do me, that's what I meant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Most of the other Classicists did, and my friends were nice and didn't do me, that's what I meant
    hmmm well ok, but 2 trashings or indeed 2 lots of balloons and champagne is just greedy :p:

ReputationRep:
    We tend to get them after any set of exams...but - you know us - any excuse for some fun.

When's your stu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    We tend to get them after any set of exams...but - you know us - any excuse for some fun.

When's your stu?
    In that case I'm claiming back payments for the last 2 years. I knew there had to be a benefit from taking exams every year of the degree.

Mine start Tuesday, sadly , and end on Saturday (again). I guess you're all done and dusted?

ReputationRep:
    Mine start on tuesday too - what fun! Are you staying around for ninth week?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.