Post here if you're procrastinating - The Oxford Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Athena
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ooo-er, are you off to Aberdeen then? Where are you staying for the duration?
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Athena)
Ooo-er, are you off to Aberdeen then? Where are you staying for the duration?
aye, I leave at stupid o'clock tomorrow morning to begin my grand adventure :afraid: I'll be staying in student accommodation attached to the Robert Gordon University up there. Annoyingly it means that for much of the summer I have to pay for accommodation in 2 places at once - Oxford & Aberdeen.

Enjoy le ball :girl:, if you've got any luck/confidence/inspiration you wouldn't mind throwing in my direction it would definitely be appreciated! :hugs:. I should have net access up there, so more than likely I'll be around these parts more than I would be if I was at home :p:
The Strangest Quark
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yay! Prelims passed!
Hoofbeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Strangest Quark)
Yay! Prelims passed!
Physics prelims results are out early!!! Don't suppose you know how any of the Lincolnite Physicists did do you?
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Strangest Quark)
Yay! Prelims passed!
Well done! :five: You'll have to come back next year now, that is unfortunate :p:
Athena
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The Wadham ball was AMAZING! I walked home with my college mother at 4am and the sky was growing light again - I've never seen Wadham look so beautiful.
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you went to bed as I was getting up... :eek:

Sounds awesome, I miss Oxford already
°lemontree°
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
I miss Oxford already
Same here...never imagined it to happen last year...

I'll try to get used to the "not-on-the-syllabus-math-stuff". I have to admit though that part of the math-misery was caused by my temporary inability to integrate 5^(sgrt t) without loosing signs in the process which really shouln't have happened.

What are you actually supposed to do with 13 weeks of vacation when all your friends at home will be at uni till the END of August?? I can't believe I'm already bored
thomasjtl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what freaky uni do they go to?
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by thomasjtl)
what freaky uni do they go to?
A german one presumably.

It's funny isn't it, how every year freshers start out, slightly scared by the prospect of uni and whether or not they'll enjoy it and initially probably quite desperate to be home, yet by then end of the first year they don't want to be anywhere else. That has to be a pretty big selling point for university doesn't it.
°lemontree°
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A german one presumably.
Full marks

Semester starts later and exams are during a 5 week period (not only for finals) starting in end July...but the amount work during "term" is considerably smaller as tutes and often even essays are quite unheard of.

Although I really love Oxford now I never want to be a fresher again...at least not in Michealmas
thomasjtl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
is anyone gonna post photos of results lists like last year?
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by °lemontree°)
Full marks

Semester starts later and exams are during a 5 week period (not only for finals) starting in end July...but the amount work during "term" is considerably smaller as tutes and often even essays are quite unheard of.

Although I really love Oxford now I never want to be a fresher again...at least not in Michealmas
I dunno, I'd quite like to go back to first year and do it again if I could.
°lemontree°
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dunno, I'd quite like to go back to first year and do it again if I could.
Being the person I'm now, I'd like to do it again...to do it 'right'...but I wouldn't wanna be in the exact same situation I was in in MT again.

I'll be on holiday when results come out...I have to find an internet connection somewhere... it'll kill me to know that the results letter is at home but I can'r open it...
sjuthani
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Yeah, this year has been up and down, but generally amazing. As much as I'm looking forward to next year, there are times when I think "aw man, I'm not going to be a fresher anymore", and generally get very jealous of the incoming year. So much to look forward to... I like to think I made the most of my year though.
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Being the person I'm now, I'd like to do it again...to do it 'right'...but I wouldn't wanna be in the exact same situation I was in in MT again.

I'll be on holiday when results come out...I have to find an internet connection somewhere... it'll kill me to know that the results letter is at home but I can'r open it...
yeah, exactly the same with me. I'd do many things differently given the chance to do it again.
hobnob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Really? That's precisely why I'd hate having to do first year again - I'd realise just how many silly mistakes I made the first time round... *shudder*
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I already know exactly how many mistakes i made the first time around and could give you a list of at least 5 things i'd do differently straight off the mark. The only downside might be that some of the good things that happened this year wouldn't have been so good had i not been a bit of a lost cause after last year. Which would be sad.

And I will try to get down to schools this week and photo results.
hobnob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, the great thing about an English degree is that your embarassing mistakes are all hidden away in essays you can conveniently forget about...:p:
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hobnob)
Well, the great thing about an English degree is that your embarassing mistakes are all hidden away in essays you can conveniently forget about...:p:
I don't think we're really talking academically here, more things you would do differently in life - socially and so on. Being more outgoing in freshers week perhaps and that sort of thing.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise