Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduand

As we supplicants should know by now, wikipedia is the answer.

Sweet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobin)
    Apparantly, one is not a graduate until the degree is taken (either at a ceremony or in absentia). So, when one is in between passing finals and taking the degree, one is a "graduand"!

(edit: although "graduand" could be a Cambridge word. I've also heard "supplicant" used, but I think graduand sounds better!)
    Strangely, at Univ they've always been referred to as graduands. Hmmm... supplicant is better though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I passed Prelims :party:
    Do you know what happened with rob? Did he take his name off the list?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I guess so You'll have to ask himself, he's not replying to texts but he is using facebook. I got the impression he passed too.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, liking the new avatar Athena!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Scarlet Ibis/Wandering Albatross found in for me

ReputationRep:
    Something's going around- now I'm ill

ReputationRep:
    Sorry Sam - you didn't catch it from me though! I think with me I was ill because I was so exhausted by the time I got home and all the adrenalin which had been keeping me going through exams just stopped and when I finally started doing nothing, my body was so run down it couldn't fight the infection. Still have a slight cough but it's almost gone. Hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Sorry Sam - you didn't catch it from me though! I think with me I was ill because I was so exhausted by the time I got home and all the adrenalin which had been keeping me going through exams just stopped and when I finally started doing nothing, my body was so run down it couldn't fight the infection. Still have a slight cough but it's almost gone. Hope you feel better soon.
    Haha, I have the feeling even if I didn't get it from you, it was caused by exactly the same thing- just a bit delayed because of busy family stuff that's been going on over the last week or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Always happens to me after exams, presumably for the reason you say, and it happened again this year. I hope you're on the mend

ReputationRep:
    I've gone completely insane...

After a year of not liking logic very much, I finally cracked (bits of) it in the run-up to my exams, particularly tableaux, which is just running through sequents in a formulaic way to get a set result. Its kinda fun, in the same way as su doku or something... so I've printed out loads of them to take with me on long plane/car journeys for when I fly off to Canada tomorrow. And I'm dropping philosophy as well. *hangs head in shame* :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gone for a WEEK and you guys post SIX times?!?!?! What's WRONG with you people?! Well I would apologise for my unplanned absence but I s'pose there's no point now... what can I say? When somebody asks if you're free to get on a bus to Luton airport in 9 hours and fly to Rome sometimes it's just hard to say no... even when you're meant to be going in a week's time anyway hehe! So I'm now back from Rome trip numero uno and fly out again on Monday. Sadly had my phone nicked in the process (along with D's wallet but that's a long and epic tale that needs telling properly) so if i haven't asked you for your number facebook it to me would you? Still no results

ReputationRep:
    I got my results on thursday (while being on holiday...)...I passed...though without D (which I really wanted)...what shocked me most were the individual results...I never came this near to failing a MATH paper...means I'll be mad with myself for another two weeks at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    When somebody asks if you're free to get on a bus to Luton airport in 9 hours and fly to Rome sometimes it's just hard to say no
    WOW...Rome must be awesome...I'm still trying to persuade people to go cos I've never been there (might succeed this summer...fingers crossed)...although it feels like I know every inch of the city after 5 years of latin

ReputationRep:
    It's AMAZING. I made a point of not doing everything this week because I don't wanna walk around next week going already saw this, already saw this... but there was NO queue for S. Peter's so I did the whole of the basilica and the cupola and everything, and later did the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps and the gardens and stuff - have only seen the Pantheon in the dark though hehe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    It's AMAZING. I made a point of not doing everything this week because I don't wanna walk around next week going already saw this, already saw this... but there was NO queue for S. Peter's so I did the whole of the basilica and the cupola and everything, and later did the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps and the gardens and stuff - have only seen the Pantheon in the dark though hehe!
    Me and Boo had our photo taken at the top of the Basilica. It is a pretty good view from up there! It was sad when everyone else went home and I had to move on to the south of France

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I got a 2.i Still not quite sure how to feel about it, and probably won't until I see how close I was. Slightly shocked at a couple of people who got firsts (and one who got a 2.i). Will be interesting to see why. Though I think I know why for me. Silly econ decisions

ReputationRep:
    No harm in a 2.i Will - you still heading for the FSA next year? If so, any chance of some mortgafe advice?

ReputationRep:
    No harm in a 2.i Will
    Yeh, I realise that. I'm not upset, just after exams I was 95% sure I'd get at least a 2.i, and so it's a bit disappointing. It's like when you get some good news you were expecting, but it wasn't quite as good as you'd hoped it might be.

you still heading for the FSA next year? If so, any chance of some mortgafe advice?
    Yep and sure, if I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Yeh, I realise that. I'm not upset, just after exams I was 95% sure I'd get at least a 2.i, and so it's a bit disappointing. It's like when you get some good news you were expecting, but it wasn't quite as good as you'd hoped it might be.
    I know what you mean, yea - it must be more frustrating if people who you dont perceive to be deserving got a first when you didn't. The good thing is though that there will be little to no hindrance on your long term plans, so, yay!

Yep and sure, if I can
    I might start with how to spell mortgage - oops.

I should be getting one around september/october time, so you may here from me then! When are you starting work?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.