Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celeritas)
    I don't know if anyone agrees with me: I don't like the title of this thread. It seems to associate chatting here with procrastination.

Can we not just call this "Oxford Chat"?
    Because when I created it, it was a procrastination thread. I found myself checking TSR almost obsessively during essay crises and stuff, and decided I wanted something to show for it. It later developed into a chat thread.

I'd like to keep the title, apart from the fact that I came up with it and that "Oxford Chat" is boring and unoriginal, because that's what the thread was originally about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a fire in the sky)
    mini essay =/= essay
    I never said they were... I was very precise in defining them as a mini essay, but for a physicist an extended piece of writing might as well be a novel! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Random thought has just crossed my mind (procrastination :p:)- shall we try another TSR meet-up? Sometime next week? What were people saying about organising another meet-up, similar plan to last time, or shall we try something new?

ReputationRep:
    I say we gatecrash Fiona's and get drunk there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Random thought has just crossed my mind (procrastination :p:)- shall we try another TSR meet-up? Sometime next week? What were people saying about organising another meet-up, similar plan to last time, or shall we try something new?
    Well the getting together in a pub is always a good plan. There isn't a whole lot more you can do in Oxford as a big group, except rotate the pubs :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have to leave to go hand in my essays in oo about 20 minutes. I still haven't concluded this one. Mainly because I've gone off on a random tangent and can't get it back. WHY AM I HERE?!?!!?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just saw Drogue in Sainsburys Westgate, and I counldn't remember his real name to say hello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I just saw Drogue in Sainsburys Westgate, and I counldn't remember his real name to say hello
    Will :p:

You could have shouted Drogue though, then everyone would have thought you'd gone mad

ReputationRep:
    What's he doing there? I bumped into him outside Sainsbury's Local by Cornmarket 2 days ago. Either he eats too much (and having had this conversation with him last night, I know that he eats far less than he should do IMO) or he's a Sainsbury's loiterer.

ReputationRep:
    What's he doing there? I bumped into him outside Sainsbury's Local by Cornmarket 2 days ago. Either he eats too much (and having had this conversation with him last night, I know that he eats far less than he should do IMO) or he's a Sainsbury's loiterer.
    I'm a Sainsbury's loiterer as well! I have yet to loiter in the Westgate one though. Is that bigger than the one near Cornmarket? If it is, maybe they have more than one flavour of jelly-in-a-pot. Which would be extraordinarily exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Westgate one is a normal Sainsburys I think (rather than a Sainsburys local), so have more food and slightly cheaper prices. Its also a little further away, and I'm lazy :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well talking about food, I'm currently procrastinating as I'm waiting for my delivery from Waitrose (and before you all laugh, its very sensible - doesn't cost nething for it to be delivered and it means I can stock up the kitchen without ruining my back more by carrying lots of heavy bags!).

Anyways, I hope it arrives soon I need to get down to college and put up signs and stuff for the play before 7pm. Was supposed to arrive between 5&6pm but they rang to say they'd be 10mins late...ie. they were due 7mins ago :confused:

(Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Well talking about food, I'm currently procrastinating as I'm waiting for my delivery from Waitrose (and before you all laugh, its very sensible - doesn't cost nething for it to be delivered and it means I can stock up the kitchen without ruining my back more by carrying lots of heavy bags!).

Anyways, I hope it arrives soon I need to get down to college and put up signs and stuff for the play before 7pm. Was supposed to arrive between 5&6pm but they rang to say they'd be 10mins late...ie. they were due 7mins ago :confused:
    Bloody HELL, that's a good idea. I need never leave the college again!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    *Goes to Ocado website*

ReputationRep:
    Yay I've started a trend! It's a really good idea! We got a massive shop to arrive the afternoon after we came up and it was such a good idea - really great way to fill the cupboards without having to carry millions of bags! We only do it when we need to order lots, but it makes life so much easier! All my housemates laugh at me, but I don't care! One of the other guys in my year gets Sainsbury's deliveries too - not sure if they're free though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celeritas)
    Can we not just call this "Oxford Chat"?
    No :p:

ReputationRep:
    At Sainbury's local I just bought toothpaste though. Went into Sainbury's today for some small clear plastic bags, ended up spending £42. But now have loads of stuff to stock up freezer, plus uver-awesome smoked salmon, the most wonderful beer ever and all the usual crap

Plus, I had a second meal yesterday - a burger

(Original post by Athena)
    Just shout Drogue, I'll turn around. I didn't notice you though, so my spying skills are clearly leaving me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a fire in the sky)
    I say we gatecrash Fiona's and get drunk there...
    You'd be welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    It's all about shopping in the Westgate Sainsbury's (far superior - definitely do orange and strawberry jelly pots!)
    Well I say, this is good news! I will go down there tomorrow for my post-essay reward

ReputationRep:
    I opened a packet of biscuits a few days ago, they've disappeared now. Must have evaporated.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.