Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    :eek: That was you?!?!?! Hey!!! *Waves*
    I wouldn't have minded since Dave (the guy I was with) knows about my secret other live but thanks for being subtle anyway Ooo I feel all special now like somebody has found me
    though it depends who finds you surely? :p: I'm sure there are those you'd rather didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    :eek: That was you?!?!?! Hey!!! *Waves*
    I wouldn't have minded since Dave (the guy I was with) knows about my secret other live but thanks for being subtle anyway Ooo I feel all special now like somebody has found me
    You were special actually - you didn't have a clue who I was last night, yet you were still sympathetic and friendly. Was lovely to meet you - speaking of which, are there any TSR meets scheduled for this term? Haven't been able to make it to previous ones but would like to get to know you all better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quistis)
    You were special actually - you didn't have a clue who I was last night, yet you were still sympathetic and friendly. Was lovely to meet you - speaking of which, are there any TSR meets scheduled for this term? Haven't been able to make it to previous ones but would like to get to know you all better.
    what... all of us... are you sure? :hmmm:

I'm sure there'll be one at some point. Usually we wait until the freshers have settled in a bit before unleashing a tsr meet on them, say 2nd week or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    I like freshers week - good excuse to have fun and there's no work.

I also particularly like drama rehearsals that are in the pub (apologies to anyone who heard my Shakespeare speech about me wanting to sleep with death whilst they were trying to enjoy a nice evening at the Royal Oak!).

Wish I didn't have to get up at 8am though for fight training at 9am when I've drank quite a bit tonight....

Someone either badly strained or broke my thumb while stealing my bnc freshers t shirt at filth on the first day, am 90% sure he was a non-fresher univ student.

fun!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:!

ReputationRep:
    Still no internet, hot water, heating, shower, clean kitchen or unflooded bathroom in my house. I have to shower at friends' houses, and last night I was sitting working at my desk with a cup of tea, a hot water bottle, and wearing two pairs of socks, a coat and gloves. This is bloody ridiculous.

NOT happy.

Oh, and Boo, you blanked me the other morning. Shocking. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Still no internet, hot water, heating, shower, clean kitchen or unflooded bathroom in my house. I have to shower at friends' houses, and last night I was sitting working at my desk with a cup of tea, a hot water bottle, and wearing two pairs of socks, a coat and gloves. This is bloody ridiculous.

NOT happy.

:eek: What happened there? Why all those problems Hopefully it's sorted soon.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nutter spotted me at Freshers' fair and asked about a TSR meet up as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I did?! Where? When?!

We had all our publicity material stolen by OUSU for being "offensive".

Tossers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny 5)
    We had all our publicity material stolen by OUSU for being "offensive".

Tossers.
    Who are "we"?

Sympathy on the OUSU front.

(Original post by Quistis)
    Who are "we"?

Sympathy on the OUSU front.
    http://www.ousu.org.uk

(It's NOT the student union site.)

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhh, YOU'RE THE OTHER OUSU! Very amusing. What in your publicity material was offensive?

ReputationRep:
    Bloody SCR. I've been slogging my arse of to get through Fresher's Week, trying to avoid the fact that i'm also supposed to be revising for my collections, only to be kicked out of Formal Hall tonight because there 'wasn't enough places'. Despite the fact that the exec ALWAYS attend fresher's formal hall. Now I'm hungry and tired. Grrr.

ReputationRep:
    what did they find offensive?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was the "****-sucking corporate whores" that particularly upset them. Although OUSU Mark 2 didn't turn up to the freshers fair today so apparently were REALLY put out

I am so tired I feel like I might just fall down on the floor. I got press-ganged into auditions for things I don't even want to join so now have to start emailing people to say no go away! I'm just so very very tired And I spent four hours telling people which way the one way system went and being angsty about something that shouldn't even bother me. Sleep would be so nice now...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was the bit they objected to. That, and the fact that we called the proctors scum in our leaflet. Still, apparently we have good grounds to object, hooray! Heh.

Boo - it was a few mornings ago - either Monday or Tueday morning, between 9 and 10 on Turl Street :p:

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of your version of OUSU, exactly? I find the idea very funny, but are you going to get freshers to join, organise events, etc?

We'll hold the elections, with the drinks, I reckon... we actually HAVE held one rock-paper-scissors election, last term. And see what we want from there.

OUSU took the day off, today. A lot of us have collections tomorrow - but more importantly, we've been preparing our legal challenge, and wish to present it on a day when there's more second years to help us out. Turns out they took our stuff on an inapplicable rule, and then quoted at us a rule that doesn't exist.

Oops.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.