Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Omg quantum mechanics work for 1st tute and its impossibly difficult, and really long. I feel really stupid and simply want to cry.
    Hey me too! I retract my previous post.

ReputationRep:
    May I join the almost-crying club? No physics but an incredible amount of work..I have no idea where to fit in sleep...well, maybe sleep is actually optional

ReputationRep:
    I'm joining the crying Physicists! Ick, problem sheets are really hard. I was hoping it was simply because we hadn't covered the stuff in the lectures yet, but I looked ahead at some of the lectures and it didn't help *hides*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    I'm joining the crying Physicists! Ick, problem sheets are really hard. I was hoping it was simply because we hadn't covered the stuff in the lectures yet, but I looked ahead at some of the lectures and it didn't help *hides*
    that best not be CMP is all I can say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    that best not be CMP is all I can say.
    Actually the one that's frustrating me the most is Atmos! But CMP is still pretty hard (though I think I might be able to do the first question now - I spent all of my rehearsal last night thinking about that damn question!)

Hows QI going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Actually the one that's frustrating me the most is Atmos! But CMP is still pretty hard (though I think I might be able to do the first question now - I spent all of my rehearsal last night thinking about that damn question!)

Hows QI going?
    Well I was hoping CMP would be light relief. The problem sheet for QI is 26 questions long, of which I have thus far done 3. It's going to be a long one me thinks. It's not helped by my current lack of textbook, but at least his lecture notes are decent.

How long is typical to spend on tute work, and is QM the hardest area of the 1st year chemistry course?

ReputationRep:
    I believe the tutors say 10 hours a week including all the reading. How much is actually spent is open to debate and really depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    just finished my Econ essay...major relief! Only one to go till tommorrow night (and I haven't started reading yet...)

ReputationRep:
    Athena *waves to see if she's around* - I may be completely wrong here but I thought last year around this time we had a notice up on the Oxford forum asking applicants to refrain from mentioning the name of the tutor who would be interviewing them and to stop asking questions about that specific tutor. We all know that knowing your interviewer won't help, but also as several Oxford tutors do lurk on these boards, it seems rather silly to be discussing particular tutors - I just googled one of the names mentioned and the first link that came up was TSR!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cheers Chloe, will do that now (and then head of to the second lecture of the morning having slept too late to make the first one )

ReputationRep:
    *cries*
    I'm feeling really ill and have absolutely no voice and tomorrow I have a press preview show for my 3rd week Shakespeare production and I have a lot of lines and a lot of shouting and I can't even speak at all at the moment

I may also be fighting on Cornmarket St from 2-3pm this afternoon (but if I'm too ill, then the rest of my cast will still be fighting) so anyone around at that time, come and watch us make fools of ourselves and get a flyer for our production too!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ooh, fighting - and I'll be around Cornmarket then as well. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    By the way, if we were to have a meet up in 2nd week, is there any day people would prefer? I'd rather it wasn't monday, otherwise Im easy.
    Is this still on? If so tenoch and i will show up
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've done a 2500 word essay this afternoon and I feel like I've gotten into a fight with a bear and lost Works sucks! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh god a fresher in the bar identified me *weeps* He's my college grandson (on the side that I hadn't yet met) - my son introduced me and he said oh as in Bekaboo and I just said yes because well people call me that... and then he said The Student Room... my son now thinks I'm an uber-geek - even if grandson was very complementary about how reassuring I was ^o)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Oh god a fresher in the bar identified me *weeps* He's my college grandson (on the side that I hadn't yet met) - my son introduced me and he said oh as in Bekaboo and I just said yes because well people call me that... and then he said The Student Room... my son now thinks I'm an uber-geek - even if grandson was very complementary about how reassuring I was ^o)

Try not to think of it as losing a son, think of it as gaining a geeky grandson - or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I've done a 2500 word essay this afternoon and I feel like I've gotten into a fight with a bear and lost Works sucks! :mad:
    At least you have something to show for it. I spent the afternoon working and achieved nothing

ReputationRep:
    I've just been emailed the reading list for an essay due in on... Wednesday. Admittedly I got the title last Wednesday, but I couldn't get much work done without the reading list! I foresee the essay crisis to end all essay crises...

On the plus side, I'm now facebook-officially in a relationship with Ex-TSR Boy whom I mentioned earlier in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I still want to know who he was on TSR!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.