The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3600
thomasjtl
haha, that makes sense. Kinda.
Why is athena writing essays on animal behaviour in a human sciences degree?

Everyone always asks this. Basically, it's so because if you can understand the (relatively) less complex behaviour of some animals, you can start to see the structures/patters/pressures that might lead to the (relatively) more complex behaviour of humans. Psychologists do the same option, if they want to, as do biologists.

The lectures are quite fun; the tutes aren't.
Well yes but I don't think studying animal behaviour for biologists needs much explaining :wink:
Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain an official transcript of your University exam marks to date? I'm trying to apply for a postgrad course and they expect one. If there's isn't an official way of getting a transcript, then I'll just get my tutor to list them. Thanks
Reply 3603
Hoofbeat
Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain an official transcript of your University exam marks to date? I'm trying to apply for a postgrad course and they expect one. If there's isn't an official way of getting a transcript, then I'll just get my tutor to list them. Thanks

Ask the tutorial office, Wadham sent round an email about this recently.
Reply 3604
Has anybody seen this week's OxStu? For some reason, we don't seem to have got it yet here at Hilda's. Did they just miss us out, or has nobody had it yet?
Reply 3605
Quistis
Has anybody seen this week's OxStu? For some reason, we don't seem to have got it yet here at Hilda's. Did they just miss us out, or has nobody had it yet?

Maybe it had to be shredded again?:p:
Reply 3606
I don't know any details, but have just found out they didn't get a paper out this week. Joint social tonight = ample opportunity to find out why...
Quistis
I don't know any details, but have just found out they didn't get a paper out this week. Joint social tonight = ample opportunity to find out why...

Well this is a random guess....but if they use the same printers as the new science magazine Bang then I know why. I know the printers we're using at Bang had a major breakdown several days ago and even though we sent the first edition to the printers last week, it's not going to be out until Mon at the earliest. Since, the OxStu is funded by OUSU as is bang, maybe they use the same printers?
Reply 3608
Oooh, that would be a good explanation, if sadly less controversial than I'd hoped!

Sorry to hear Bang has been affected :frown:
Quistis
Sorry to hear Bang has been affected :frown:

Oh well...I'm not too bothered...they scrapped my article at last minute due to a sudden decrease in the number of pages :frown: So I won't be making my journalistic debut any time soon (they said it should be in the 2nd issue next term though)
Reply 3610
At least you're a good Shakespearean actress :smile:
I heard they'd printed something naughty about the Union and it was pulped. This was from a Cherweller though no not an unbiased source.
Quistis
At least you're a good Shakespearean actress :smile:

Huw Davies
I heard they'd printed something naughty about the Union and it was pulped. This was from a Cherweller though no not an unbiased source.

http://www.oxfordstudent.com/print/news.pdf would that be it?
Reply 3614
Is it just me, or does that news story not really incriminate Fischer anyway? It sounds like she did her job just fine - if Union office-holders change every term, how's she meant to know that a contract she signed in January hasn't come through?
it could have been a lot more defamatory than it was. Even so, it doesn't bode well if she's chasing a job in the city- such is a story is going to be noticed if it were published- it's well worth her sending in legal threats, especially considering the OxStu has the time or resources to defend such a case. It's just easier for them to pull the story, i guess.
Reply 3616
Given the legal situation and everything, perhaps we should avoid discussing the case on TSR...

Everybody looking forward to the onset of fifth week blues tomorrow?
yeah, it's starting with a 6:15 outing on a sunday.
What? Is that even allowed? I thought it was after 1 only on a Sunday? Or do normal-day rules apply just nobody uses the early slot normally?
Bekaboo
What? Is that even allowed? I thought it was after 1 only on a Sunday? Or do normal-day rules apply just nobody uses the early slot normally?

As long as they're off the river by 8am it's fine:

OURCS RULES (R8.3):
No member of OURCs may row without permission from the OURCs Secretary between the following time:
On the Isis between 8.00am and 1.00pm on Sundays (out of courtesy to other river users).

Latest

Trending

Trending