Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    normally he does- check it up was a one-off. I think Tim's momumental confusion at the term put a stop to it.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I find out what my research project next term is going to be on today! *looks terrified*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    :eek: I find out what my research project next term is going to be on today! *looks terrified*
    we do?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    we do?? :confused:
    Well in the project handbook (Pg12) it says the project allocations get emailed to us and go up on the website on Wed of 6th week!

ReputationRep:
    Woah, somehow I managed to get my first choice project even though I know it was incredibly popular! Bit scared though now...always thought it sounded interesting but my supervisor is giving me lectures on stuff relevant to my project at the moment and it's incredibly hard so now I'm really scared I won't understand anything to do with my project and will **** it up! :confused: I suppose at least it means that by the time I do my final exam I'll be able to do this topic really well!

ReputationRep:
    Woah, somehow I managed to get my first choice project even though I know it was incredibly popular! Bit scared though now...always thought it sounded interesting but my supervisor is giving me lectures on stuff relevant to my project at the moment and it's incredibly hard so now I'm really scared I won't understand anything to do with my project and will **** it up! :confused: I suppose at least it means that by the time I do my final exam I'll be able to do this topic really well!
    I'm sure you'll be fine once you've read up on it. I got my first choice too, which could be a bad thing because I picked it more for career opportunities than for the physics. In other words I'm not exactly sure what I'm letting myself in for.

ReputationRep:
    I picked it more for career opportunities
    Can this really be the Stu I know? Save your soul, man... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Can this really be the Stu I know? Save your soul, man... :p:
    Well, not so much a direct opportunity of whoring into some graduate position, more picking up useful skills for a career in engineering or aerodynamics or something like that - namely learning about finite element analysis.

ReputationRep:
    At least you both got your first choices, that's got to be a relief in some sense? How's everyone's sixth week been going in general? By the way, i don't think any of you know me so i'll introduce myself a bit, i'm Ciaran, i'm at Hugh's and i'm a fresher doing law, i'm sure i'll be procrastinating so much over the next three years that i'll get to know you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbv2005)
    At least you both got your first choices, that's got to be a relief in some sense? How's everyone's sixth week been going in general? By the way, i don't think any of you know me so i'll introduce myself a bit, i'm Ciaran, i'm at Hugh's and i'm a fresher doing law, i'm sure i'll be procrastinating so much over the next three years that i'll get to know you all!
    true, though in my case there is still the question of whether I chose wisely in my first choice :p:. We shall see though, none of it really kicks off til next term anyway. 6th week has been a bit rubbish so far to be honest, having had a fairly relaxed 5 weeks work has finally caught up with me in the form of an evil problem set, but once I have this beast out the way only one more to do this term... hurrah!

Pleased to meet you, in a cyber sense if nothing else. How are you finding Hugh's? People always say it's a long way out and it's a pain to walk into town from, but it never seems so bad to me. I don't know how much you know about the incumbent procrastination residents so I'm Stu, 4th year physicist at Keble.

ReputationRep:
    I must be MAJORLY procrastinating because in my travels on the internet I have just found out that some people keep hedgehogs as pets. In this country, not just the US. http://www.mrtoffee.com/linkspage.html. I absolutely adore hedgehogs, but I'm not sure I agree with keeping them as pets... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Keeping hedgehogs is actually illegal unless you're nursing them back to health.

ReputationRep:
    1) Agree: Arrested Development is good. Very good.
    2) Disagree: Arrested Development is the greatest comedy of all time. That's just a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    Keeping hedgehogs is actually illegal unless you're nursing them back to health.
    Hmm, how bizarre that there seem to be loads of people who keep them then, and there are UK breeders of them...

ReputationRep:
    work has finally caught up with me in the form of an evil problem set, but once I have this beast out the way only one more to do this term... hurrah!
    I don't suppose that's CMP by any chance is it? I'm finding it really hard this year (too mathsy) and I seem to have lost all the conceptual understanding of CMP that I had last year. I can't wait til this problem set is in as, like you, I'll only have one more left and although I'm scared it too is going to be hard it's related to my project so it will be really beneficial to do!

Hi Ciaran, I'm a 4th year Lincoln physicist called Chloé and you'll probably find me on here a lot as I love to procrastinate! My 6th week hasn't been the best...infact it's probably slightly worse than my 5th week. I'm trying to immerse myself in lots of stuff this week though just to get through everything and keep my mind off stuff. Hopefully next week will be better (particularly because on Sat of 7th week my family are coming down for the day with the dogs which will definitely cheer me up) and then at least it's nearly the end of term which means work will wind down (although I'm in Oxford til Sunday of 11th week, so I'm around for a fair while yet).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    1) Agree: Arrested Development is good. Very good.
    2) Disagree: Arrested Development is the greatest comedy of all time. That's just a mistake.
    Haha, well if i don't exaggerate with superlatives then who else will!lol

Nice to hear from you all

I'll probably be on alot as well because my concentration span seems to be getting lower as term continues! Sunday of 11th week....not that nice but at least oxford will be quiet and you might get some snow!

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose that's CMP by any chance is it? I'm finding it really hard this year (too mathsy) and I seem to have lost all the conceptual understanding of CMP that I had last year. I can't wait til this problem set is in as, like you, I'll only have one more left and although I'm scared it too is going to be hard it's related to my project so it will be really beneficial to do!
    Why yes it would. Don't worry, I think we've all been finding CMP quite tough going. This problem sheet in particular is on the verge of making me tear my hair out! So far QIP has been far easier and more straightforward but I fear it won't last forever. We should have done 3 years Chloé :p:

ReputationRep:
    at least that's what i was told by the hedgehog rescue people who came to my school. Oh my gosh, that seems like a long time ago. It was to do with them being wild animals unsuitable to being domesticated.

ReputationRep:
    Why yes it would. Don't worry, I think we've all been finding CMP quite tough going. This problem sheet in particular is on the verge of making me tear my hair out! So far QIP has been far easier and more straightforward but I fear it won't last forever. We should have done 3 years Chloé :p:
    Thank god someone else feels the same!!! And I agree about only doing 3years...I'm seriously wishing I had done that....or maybe done the Biophysics option!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank god someone else feels the same!!! And I agree about only doing 3years...I'm seriously wishing I had done that....or maybe done the Biophysics option!!!!
    Biophysics seems hard as well! The workload this term has been relatively low, but what work there has been has definitely been tough.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.