Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Wahoo I'm part way through my last problem sheet of term! It has to be in on Monday morning and then I'm freeeeeeee (well I still have lectures next week and the class, which unfortunately is on friday of 8th week, but at least i won't have any more work).

Sorry some of you others aren't having such a good time! Athena - it's probably a good job ChCh regatta got cancelled if you're snowed-under with work.
    wooo I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). Though after that (ie next monday) I need to do some serious looking at careers and mphys projects and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    As usual, I've left my essay til the last minute and need to write (at least) another 600 words by 6pm, leaving time to print the damn thing off and cycle it into college. And then I start the essay for Friday... *sigh*
    The story of my life so far... Nice to see 2nd years aren't any more conscientious

For me it's 2500 words by 4:55am tomorrow morning. That would allow 6 hours for food and sleep and 5 minutes for printing off the essay (thank goodness for extremely fast and modern printers in the IT room!)

I just realised that if I'm taking ~10 hours to write up an essay from notes, I might just struggle in collections (and prelims) where we get 1 hour to write an essay in exam conditions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Though after that (ie next monday) I need to do some serious looking at careers and mphys projects and stuff
    Likewise! And also go through a LOT of this term's work which I didn't understand (the CMP lecturer has way more information in his notes than we've ever discussed in his lectures, but I think it's all on the syllabus and there's still loads more for him to go through and only 2lectures).

ReputationRep:
    I only have one more essay to write! My history tutor wants us to do mini-presentation things instead of essays next week, which is a nice difference. It's a tough topic, on imperial architecture, but interesting, so I don't mind. In a week's time, I'll be DONE! :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have an essay for Saturday evening, but I'm in London on Saturday, so I need to do it by Friday night. Then, for a week tomorrow, I have to do a report on one of the diseases we've studied in human ecology, and suggest how it should be treated. It'll make a change, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I hate you all - I have a temperature of over 100 and... I think I already listed how many essays I have to do above... but it's lots *crawls back into bed*

ReputationRep:
    Why does the SSL not have the books it claims it does on OLIS *angry*

ReputationRep:
    Why won't facebook let me edit my status! Whenever I "change" my status it just leaves it what it was several days ago but then it says underneath: "updated a few moments ago" :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why won't facebook let me edit my status! Whenever I "change" my status it just leaves it what it was several days ago but then it says underneath: "updated a few moments ago" :confused:
    Facebook seems to be down! :eek: I can't cope!

ReputationRep:
    "Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    "Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo
    *pats on head*
    It's ok dear...now you can do some work :p:

In all seriousness, I feel for you...facebook is so much more interesting than the remote sounding of atmosphere questions I should be doing...

EDIT: It's working for me, although I can't edit my status still. Maybe it's because I'm still logged in?

ReputationRep:
    *pats on head*

In all seriousness, I feel for you...facebook is so much more interesting than the remote sounding of atmosphere questions I should be doing...

EDIT: It's working for me, although I can't edit my status still. Maybe it's because I'm still logged in?
    I don't think it's because you're still logged in, because I was a few minutes ago and then I clicked on a link and it logged me out and said that

And I don't feel like working as I just got back from a tute! :p:

ReputationRep:
    *pats on head*

I found the other day I had to press return after I'd written it, then it worked. try that?

ReputationRep:
    Argh...room ballot tonight...I'm 98% sure I'm out as I was way to high up last year. Have to sort out living arrangements which will be a pain...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else getting seriously freaked out by the applicants on this forum? I swear they're worse than ever this year and some of them take the whole process far too seriously!!! When I applied I never got so stressed about the whole thing (and that wasn't because I was feeling arrogant and thought I'd get in) - maybe I was really naive about the whole process, but I didn't stress when I hadn't been invited for an interview by about 2wks before the interview dates nor did I stress when I hadn't heard from Oxford for like a month....after all some Uni's don't get in contact til Jan/Feb anyways! I'm really scared by how obsessive they all are - has society become so serious in the last few years since I applied? It's so scary. They're also all incredibly rude and then wonder why I'm so short-tempered with them. I really think we need a new forum guys for just us Oxford students, away from all the applicants. Maybe we should go on strike?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by °lemontree°)
    Argh...room ballot tonight...I'm 98% sure I'm out as I was way to high up last year. Have to sort out living arrangements which will be a pain...
    You could be high up again. I was fairly high up in all of my years (2nd, 3rd and 4th year room ballot - always in the 20s or so, except 4th year when i was higher but there were fewer of us). Unless your college reverse the room ballot (which I presume they don't if you're having the ballot tonight?) then you could still be really lucky, so don't stress about it too much. I know people who ended up with their good friends, others who ended up with acquaintances and people who ended up with other students they didn't really know and everyone I know was pretty happy about everything and didn't have any major problems...but then at Lincoln our college houses have ensuite bedrooms, so we only shared the kitchen.

I'm sure you'll find someone though - it's not worth stressing about, trust me!

And Stu, I tried pressing enter earlier but it still wouldn't work. Seems to be working fine though now so I'm guessing it was a bug and that's why facebook went down for a bit as well.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else getting seriously freaked out by the applicants on this forum? I swear they're worse than ever this year and some of them take the whole process far too seriously!!! When I applied I never got so stressed about the whole thing (and that wasn't because I was feeling arrogant and thought I'd get in) - maybe I was really naive about the whole process, but I didn't stress when I hadn't been invited for an interview by about 2wks before the interview dates nor did I stress when I hadn't heard from Oxford for like a month....after all some Uni's don't get in contact til Jan/Feb anyways!
    I agree with you on this. They seem really obsessive about the whole thing. I wasn't stressed at all when it came to my interview and enjoyed the process. It might have been because I didn't know about this forum and I wasn't too bothered if I didn't get in.

ReputationRep:
    You could be high up again. I was fairly high up in all of my years (2nd, 3rd and 4th year room ballot - always in the 20s or so, except 4th year when i was higher but there were fewer of us). Unless your college reverse the room ballot (which I presume they don't if you're having the ballot tonight?) then you could still be really lucky, so don't stress about it too much. I know people who ended up with their good friends, others who ended up with acquaintances and people who ended up with other students they didn't really know and everyone I know was pretty happy about everything and didn't have any major problems...but then at Lincoln our college houses have ensuite bedrooms, so we only shared the kitchen.

I'm sure you'll find someone though - it's not worth stressing about, trust me!

And Stu, I tried pressing enter earlier but it still wouldn't work. Seems to be working fine though now so I'm guessing it was a bug and that's why facebook went down for a bit as well.
    at keble they reverse the ballot from the previous year, tonight is just deciding the room you'll take, from a pre-determined list. Come too far down the ballot and unless you're on a 4 year course you will have to live out.

With applicants, they are what they are. A site like this is always going to attract the paranoid. We can ignore them if we choose, it's not a hugely big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Do what I do: ignore them. :p:

But then, I'm a grouchy old lump.

phew, got the 2nd last position on the ballet that gets a room. thats saved me alot of hassle and 800 quid.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.