The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Turdburger
phew, got the 2nd last position on the ballet that gets a room. thats saved me alot of hassle and 800 quid.

Brasenose has a room ballet? Must be fun to watch...:biggrin:
Reply 3781
new forum please
I just found out that my tutor is going to be on sabbatical for the rest of the year :frown:
Reply 3783
We might be getting an extra forum. As a trial :ninja:
wow that would be a massive relief, overdosing on applicant talk atm.
Reply 3785
yeah some applicants seem very scary this year, but then again maybe i was like that last year, hopefully not though!

mmmmm yum free dinner at malmaison tonight, i love the st hugh's law society, £30 life membership and already 2 free meals out with law firms!

:ninja: and tomorrow is my last tute of term meaning i've 8th week free!!
Turdburger
phew, got the 2nd last position on the ballet that gets a room. thats saved me alot of hassle and 800 quid.

I'm the second who has to live out. Well, might be nice.
°lemontree°
I'm the second who has to live out. Well, might be nice.

It's not so bad :smile:, it gives you a different view of Oxford.
F1 fanatic
It's not so bad :smile:, it gives you a different view of Oxford.
I guess you're right. I'm actually quite looking forward to it in a way...less than four lock from the outside to my room....a kitchen (i forgot what that actually is...)...guess it can be very nice with the right people! :smile: Does Keble provide 4 years of accomodation for 4yr courses or did you have to live out in any of the years?
°lemontree°
I guess you're right. I'm actually quite looking forward to it in a way...less than four lock from the outside to my room....a kitchen (i forgot what that actually is...)...guess it can be very nice with the right people! :smile: Does Keble provide 4 years of accomodation for 4yr courses or did you have to live out in any of the years?

Living out is the ****. Its so much more chilled and not like some kind of boarding school like college is, plus plenty of house parties with the opportunity to do stuff you could never do in college(e.g. fireworks, massive paddling pools, or spraypainting your basement and adding rave equipment to make a mini club..), rock bottom price alcohol and insane kebabs if you're around cowley road, and no rushing forwards and backwards between terms. And Brookes people are everywhere, which makes a nice change, aswell as actual real people like back home. Am so glad im living out this year, well worth the 20 minute walk/8 minute bike ride into college.
Popa Dom
Living out is the ****. Its so much more chilled and not like some kind of boarding school like college is, plus plenty of house parties with the opportunity to do stuff you could never do in college(e.g. fireworks, massive paddling pools, or spraypainting your basement and adding rave equipment to make a mini club..), rock bottom price alcohol and insane kebabs if you're around cowley road, and no rushing forwards and backwards between terms. And Brookes people are everywhere, which makes a nice change, aswell as actual real people like back home. Am so glad im living out this year, well worth the 20 minute walk/8 minute bike ride into college.

That sounds sooooo good! Don't get me wrong, I really like Collge and stuff...but the real world has its advantages!!! :smile:
Reply 3791
Ahhh, only one essay left this term (probably just as well considering how much stuff I have planned :ninja:)
°lemontree°

Well by your third year you know who the right people are that you get on with you hope. And no, for 4 years you have to live out in the 4th year (or 3rd year if you're a linguist, ie when you're abroad). They only provide accommodation for 3 years, that's why 4 year courses get priority in the 3rd year ballot.
*sighs slightly contentedly* I now have a myriad of drugs which put me out for 16 hours yesterday :smile: I still feel like I've got a horrid cold, and I can't sing so I've had to drop out of loads of stuff, but my temperature is finally down so my bedroom is now a wolf-free zone and the antibiotics are gradually drying out my cough. The world feels like a much nicer place :smile:
Reply 3794
Boo, what's been wrong with you?!
Basically at the moment I've got proper hardcore flu - I've had people telling me it's manflu etc for the past week or so, and I've had far far far too much work to take a day off and sleep and the result was a temperature peaking something like 102 (although that was before I started hallucinating so who knows how high it got) before I said ah yes maybe I should go to bed now... All made worse by the fact that I've had a horrible chesty cough for literally a month now so haven't been sleeping which obviously made the virus worse :frown: So now I've got antibiotics for the cough which seem to be working already, and somebody reminded me how good Night Nurse was and that knocked me out for 6 hours in the middle of the day which started the process of getting better. I'm still KNACKERED and am going to have to drop a tute this week as I'm still struggling to get any work done at all but at least this should stop me from having a Christmas like first year!!
i love night nurse. The clue is in the name, though- don't take it during the day unless knocking yourself out for a few hours was your intention! Aww, i hope you feel better soon Boo!
those cocks dissin' Chloe in the application threads can go die.
thomasjtl
i love night nurse. The clue is in the name, though- don't take it during the day unless knocking yourself out for a few hours was your intention! Aww, i hope you feel better soon Boo!

Ah but you see that WAS the plan. The cough has been keeping me awake so I'd just about reached exhaustion falling-down-on-the-street point. I think it says something I slept for 6 hours, got up for about 2 or 3 then went back to bed and still got a full night's sleep!
Hmmmm first draft of project due in Thursday. Struggling to write this week's last essay due in for Wednesday... do I a) keep slaving at essay, in knowledge that if I start of my project I'll get into it and essay won't be written or b) say well if I can't write my essay I may as well do something constructive with my time... or c) procrastinate on TSR? Answers on a postcard...

Latest

Trending

Trending