Post here if you're procrastinating - The Oxford Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Quistis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
a) your project is probably (correct me if I'm wrong) far more important than your project, and hopefully a sympathetic tutor will understand that
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Presumably that's not actually what you meant...

Yes my project actually contributes to my degree

There's no such thing as a sympathetic tutor
hobnob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bekaboo)
Presumably that's not actually what you meant...

Yes my project actually contributes to my degree

There's no such thing as a sympathetic tutor
How far have you got with your essay? If it's nearly done, you could try to finish it alongside the draft for the project (i.e. set aside two or three hours during which you'll put all your project stuff aside, have a short coffee break, finish the essay and then go back to the project).
Hoofbeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Quistis)
a) your project is probably (correct me if I'm wrong) far more important than your project, and hopefully a sympathetic tutor will understand that
I think you meant b) :p:

And I agree....do the project! What's the worst your tutor could do if you hand in an unfinished essay? It's 8th week as well...it's unlikely they'll remember next term and just tell them you'll get it to them over the vac.
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Essay is currently... a blank cursor... but I did manage to get some stuff scribbled down after I stormed out of the computer room in fury about an hour ago so it's not so drastic down. Unfortunately tute is Thursday at 2, principal's collections are at 5 so i'd rather not chance it hehe! I'm just so annoyed because it's such a **** title, and it's not a tute i'd agreed to have - somebody just emailed tutor X and said oh can you tutor me and Boo on this in 8th week and I just went wtf i've already got 2 tutes?!?!?! But not a lot I can do now *sigh*
hobnob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Essay is currently... a blank cursor... but I did manage to get some stuff scribbled down after I stormed out of the computer room in fury about an hour ago so it's not so drastic down.
That's not too bad, though. Writing up won't take up much more than an hour once you've got an essay plan, so you'll probably manage to get something down, even if it won't be the most brilliant and inspiring essay you've ever written.

Unfortunately tute is Thursday at 2, principal's collections are at 5 so i'd rather not chance it hehe! I'm just so annoyed because it's such a **** title, and it's not a tute i'd agreed to have - somebody just emailed tutor X and said oh can you tutor me and Boo on this in 8th week and I just went wtf i've already got 2 tutes?!?!?! But not a lot I can do now *sigh*
Your actual reports have already been written, though, so even if that one tute doesn't go all that well, it won't really change anything. The worst that can happen is that your tutor makes a nasty remark about time management issues, but you can always hint at the fact that changing the tutorial time to this less than ideal slot wasn't your idea but that of your stupid tute partner, who didn't have the courtesy to check with you first.

Edit: fixed colour tag.
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hehe yeh trust me it's taking me more than an hour to write it - it's a stupid wishy-washy pseudocognate subject that it's really hard to say anything concrete about. And my tute partner didn't just CHANGE the time of the tutorial - I'm a scientist, my tutes aren't predetermined. She emailed a tutor and said will you tutor us and the first I knew about it was the CC-ed email to me with an essay title attached. *fumes*
hobnob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hehe yeh trust me it's taking me more than an hour to write it - it's a stupid wishy-washy pseudocognate subject that it's really hard to say anything concrete about. And my tute partner didn't just CHANGE the time of the tutorial - I'm a scientist, my tutes aren't predetermined. She emailed a tutor and said will you tutor us and the first I knew about it was the CC-ed email to me with an essay title attached. *fumes*
What a *******(ess). In that case make sure to let your tutor know that it wasn't your idea and that you wouldn't have run into any problems if the tute partner had actually bothered to let you know in advance.
As in: "I was really surprised when I got your email, because I don't actually remember X mentioning anything about it to me. That's really strange - after all, I run into him/her practically every day... Obviously I did try to do what I could to get the essay written, but as you probably know this is a very busy week for me, what with the project draft being due in, etc, so it was really tricky to schedule in another essay, you see. So it's not as good as I would have wanted it to be, I'm afraid, but if you like I can try and rework it over the vac..." Etc, etc.:p:
thomasjtl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yup, blame it all on your tute partner. They deserve it!
Athena
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Christmas social at the Randolph = :cool:
thomasjtl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Woooo! My God loves me. Seventh in the housing ballot for next year. Jonathan is happy!
sophisti_kate
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oooh where am I????
thomasjtl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
dunno- alex is gonna email it round later today, i assume.
I don't think you were in the top 11, though, kate.

Edit- sorry kate, looks like you've come last :-s Hopefully, though someone can pull you up.
sophisti_kate
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
****ing hope so. Grr.
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Urgh Was going to finally get an early night tonight (finished project... at last) and then somehow got caught up in deciding I HAD to do washing tonight and trying to find ANYONE who could lend me a card (mine has mysteriously disappeared... hmmm) so it was 9:45 by the time I got one and of course now I'm up waiting for it to finish grrrrrr my poor head
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Somehow the plan of print and send project in 10 minutes flat failed - 2 HOURS of collating, trimming, sticking, highlighting and writing cover letters later I'm about to go pidge copies of this thing around Oxford. Which leaves me 35 minutes to buy a book, change some money to euros and buy lunch... yey!
username138106
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
**** this getting-a-house ****. I'll just live in the Mitre, except this time in a decent room.
sophisti_kate
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No. I want a goddamn kitchen. If only the coin had landed the ****ing right way up, then I would be top. *Explodes*
Opsimathmo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
<gets a mop and bucket>
thomasjtl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sorry kate- 'twas me praying it'd land the other way.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads