Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Oo that sounds quite fun... although it does yet again remind me I need to read for my MSCAs (one of which is also about climate change - hence the link )
    Yeah, at least my project is something I should be able to talk about to non-physicists (and even non-scientists) without scaring them away too much by my project title!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah, finally sent a mammoth email about coaching and judging courses to the trampolining mailing list that I've been meaning to do for ages. Never mind that I did it as a substitute for real work, ie collections revision

ReputationRep:
    Gah. I don't see how on earth I'm supposed to get through two reading lists as well as revising for collections and reading the entire works of Cicero. It's not fair

ReputationRep:
    Add Wii Tennis, Bowling and Baseball to the %%%%%%%%ing incredible list. Golf eludes me still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meef cheese)
    Add Wii Tennis, Bowling and Baseball to the %%%%%%%%ing incredible list. Golf eludes me still.
    We just got a game called "Excite Truck" for ours, it's awesome!

ReputationRep:
    i can never hit the ball in baseball. Maybe i'm just doing something wrong, but every time i either miss or hit a foul ball.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the amount of foul balls is quite annoying. As is the fact that the rules are nothing like those of real baseball. Still fun, though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard the news of Bilawal Bhutto becoming the head of the PPP as stated in Bhutto's will?
    I reckon he's a fresher at Christ Church.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    He is a fresher at ChCh. Apparently he can't go into politics til he's 25 though?

ReputationRep:
    I'll beat the crap out of anyone at Wii Baseball. I challenge you all.

ReputationRep:
    Boxing is great!

Bowling- my ball always spins to the left (no I am NOT spinning my wrist!), any suggestions? My 14 yr old sister frequently beats me, it is not a nice feeling.

Get Wii Play, play the cow game and become an addict.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a Wii But I do have a PSP so I can't complain! lol. Maybe I'll get a Wii next year when I hopefully have my own place (might depend whether I get into my PG course or whether I'm earning money in some random job!).

My friend doing his DPhil at Cambridge gets to take Wii handsets apart as part of his research as they're hoping to use the handsets to study sensors placed on human's for athletic research. But they frequently rebuild the Wii handsets and end up spending all their breaks playing Wii tennis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajvir)
    Get Wii Play, play the cow game and become an addict.
    Agreed! I pwn at the cow game, I always get the maximum possible score now :smug:

ReputationRep:
    I lost my first ever game on it yesterday, I was gutted.

ReputationRep:
    Simon having fun then, chloé?

The cow game rocks and i enjoy the find mii game, but overall i was a bit disappointed with wii play- some of the games just seemed a bit bodged together- table tennis and the silly tank game in particular.

I finally got an internship application finished today. I've still no idea what i wanna do (though being an eternal student playing nintendo in my breaks does have its appeals!), but i've convinced myself that if i can spend a summer working in a (dis?)reputable fast food restaurant i can cope with 10 weeks in a bank, especially when they're gonna pay me like £5k or more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    Simon having fun then, chloé?
    Yes he is - loving his research!

I finally got an internship application finished today. I've still no idea what i wanna do (though being an eternal student playing nintendo in my breaks does have its appeals!), but i've convinced myself that if i can spend a summer working in a (dis?)reputable fast food restaurant i can cope with 10 weeks in a bank, especially when they're gonna pay me like £5k or more.
    Where are you applying? I really need to start applying for PG courses and jobs! Grrr

ReputationRep:
    JP Morgan and Bank of America, thus far (cos i've got friends there encouraging me to apply). I'm applying for technology cos i'm compsci and they work reasonable hours apparently (i'm sure that it's all relative, though) while still getting (most of) the perks of working for a bank. Not quite so big bonuses but still a decent salary.

I'm still wondering about doing a MPhil in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology though. At the moment it's what i'm interested in, but i'm not really sure where it'll lead- if i do go that route i wanna be sure that the subject really is as interesting as it sounds (i do miss studying sciencey chemical type things!), or maybe just to do the 4th year option here and try and get a bioinformatics project to do.

Alternatively i could just work a couple of years and put some money to one side to keep options open.

ReputationRep:
    Still not applying for internships. Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh - why am I in college trying to work on the 2nd of January? There's just something WRONG about how seriously I take work these days

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with wanting a first, and being disciplined enough to make that a realistic possibility I wish I had your work ethic!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.